Ability to make your own notes at a map/journal

If possible it would be extremely helpfull.
    Just add "pin" anywhere at map and when you move your mouse top of it you can see what you write "here is the Pixie who need tree seeds somewhere near Narlmarks from her relative" or what ever you want to write. That way you (more easily) remember where to return when you have "done" quest or atleast get some things you need to return to get quest done. Or even thing like "here is moon radish" / "when level up come back and check locked chest again" or what you want to write.

In NWN (Never Winter Nights) you had "Journal" (it was literally just "Your_PC_name.txt" file) where you were able to write as long stories as you wanted to (well not literally but over multiple years easily multiple hundred kb's). I personally think that maybe "pin anywhere at the world map" would be better, but even "Journal" would work OK. After all it is not THAT hard to write place name there and (I believe) it need not too much work (just add one button "Journal" + script from it for open "Your_PC_name.txt" file what is generated automatic when you first either create new PC or press that button.

I know, I know. Most people who have enough money to buy this game have enough money to buy notebook and pencil, but still.. ..small thing but quite a big impact for the game (and player mind). Just like ability to custom create your own portrait (after all it is not THAT hard to just print a photo or full sheet and update it while you play.. ..but again big thing for person who play it, not so hard to add for the game)
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

+2

Yes yes and yes! (I needed 10 characters) ;p

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Well, event for players who have a notebook and a pen, it may be useful, since you may carry your laptop to play on the train and forget your notebook...
    Hugh !

In Neverwinter Nights, as far as I remember, you had both the map pins and the personnal journal.

I like the idea for the checking of chest and other things. I havent noticed, but do chest scale with your level in loot? That would be nice.
    I am Groot

Quote Originally Posted by fatmanspencer View Post
    I like the idea for the checking of chest and other things. I havent noticed, but do chest scale with your level in loot? That would be nice.
    IF I have understand this right loot is not random. Allso you can not do thing like: clear place, get a level or two while doing it, then loot corpses and all chests. (Or you can but it will not change what is inside a box or a corpse).

In a way it is good (so you do not save / load + open box and repeat trying to get that "10% good item" what you want to find.

But IF you botch your open lock check you can not open that lock before you have leveled up (if I have understand it right). What is kind of OK. After all you do get (in theory) many new try outs (after all EVERY companion + PC who just have proper skill can try to open it once per level until you get it open or get bored (or get level 20).

I think it is kind of good that you can not "wait and take 20" because that would make it way too easy and no reason to take real rogue class at your party (same with traps).
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"