Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Time slow seems fine. AOOs happen so infrequently, that it should be be obtrusive. If you're will to provoke, then something else on the battle field is probably going horribly wrong, and a few seconds to adjust would be good.

The main issue I see is if you have something like Greater Trip, where you are expecting an AOO every round. Then combat will just drag on during every fight.

I prefer the damage to just be dealt without an animation when necessary. The combat slowing down and speeding up almost at random would get irritating.

I would prefer the damage without the animation so long as the AOO was logged.

I'd prefer a toggle

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Personally, I'd rather the round last one more second with no slow down. It may be counter-intuitive, and it may break some things in the game, but in my opinion, it may be the best way to show AoOs without breaking stride.
    If you think about it, rounds and actions are merely an arbitrary way to simulate combat, and divide time to ease things up. That division makes some sense in a simulationist point of view, because we cannot discuss several topics at the same time around a table, but a computer can, so the round is not as necessary on a video game.
    However, there is a possibility that extending rounds can bring up other problems to light and end up breaking the game, so it sould not be done lightly.

Now, between the two choices that you give, I don't know. As long as the combat log tells us that the AoO occured, I wouldn't mind too much the missing animation. Slowing down the action every time there was one AoO might get old after a little while, I think.

I'd prefer a toggle in settings game.

I'd prefer bullet time

Perhaps only slow down time if the AoO is the killing blow, otherwise do the damage without animation?

That should keep it rare enough that it won't get too disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtdrill View Post
    Perhaps only slow down time if the AoO is the killing blow, otherwise do the damage without animation?

That should keep it rare enough that it won't get too disruptive.
    Yeah that sounds like the best way. It wont be annoying nor will it look weird if they just died with out the animation.

Good to me too. Or toggle button in configuration.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast