Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @Berserkerkitten,

Sorry to trouble you! Can I check if the upgrades for the backers are based off the kickstarter prices? Or the steam prices?

I'm asking as, I notice when I tried to upgrade in the owlcatgames.com/preorder/account page, the page wanted to charge me $40 to upgrade from the Premium Digital Download to the Lore Explorer (which is equivalent to the Pre-Purchase Pathfinder: Kingmaker Royal Edition).

However, the price differences on Steam between the Noble Edition (which the Premium Digital Download gets) and the Royal Edition is only like $9+. With the difference between the Noble and Imperial Edition is about $12?
    *All converted from local currency prices to USD

So... this leave me kinda puzzled as to the huge price difference for upgrading on the owlcat site?
    Would it be better or even possible to upgrade on Steam AFTER the game comes out?

A confused fan...

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    To be perfectly blunt, I haven't got a clue at the moment. From what I've seen, the upgrade button only uses the various crowdfunding tiers we used to run, not the Steam ones. Not sure about prices, either. I was just informed that the upgrade button was fixed and was sent a couple screenshots. I'll try and get some more info on it. It's midnight in Moscow right now, so getting a response will take a few hours. Bear with me.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Make sure that's not a neg $40 like mine says premium digital download + -65$ then lore explorer + -25$ and so on . Telling me they are down grades.

mine is definitely giving me the option to move from "Premium Digital Download" to "Lore Explorer "
    i also have the Digital RPG adventure PDF already (prominently featured in the lore explorer), and all at $40
    which seems a bit much for the upgrade we are talking here

id much rather go up to the early access tier instead anyway, even if i dont get access to the beta at this point

its simultaneously too expensive and inadequate

Yea, it kind of looks like I would be paying 80USD for the 70USD option, which translates to 105CAD for the 80CAD one :P

Anyway, I'm waiting until it's closer to release, and all of the of this stuff is sorted out.

Good to see I'm not the only one with this problem about upgrading my pre-order!

Hope that soon we will see some fix to this problem as I start to lose my hype for Pathfinder and thinking about a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by janek_k2003@yahoo.com View Post
    Hope that soon we will see some fix to this problem as I start to lose my hype for Pathfinder and thinking about a refund.
    This is not for you but for general "rant", so:

I think you are a bit late for redund. If I remember right kickstart end around Jul 12 2017 or so, and after that getting refund.. ..well, you can contact them but still...

Anyway, we will get option to buy direct from Owlcat season pass (I think it was promised, if I remember right) so I am happy with it.

I do have to say that it is kind of odd to see how in many, many kickstart products (not only games) people start to ask refund specially after release for some kind of odd reasons like "I would wanted to get product before other people, why I get it only same time as everyone else?", "Yes you did give us MORE then we pledged for but I am not happy with [color] choices because I did not get what I would liked to" and so on.

I guess it is jut not clear for most people that kickstart is not a shop. When kickstart is over money is gone. Some go for kickstart (as company) some for people who are making product, some for marketting, some for companies who transfer ready product to the customer and so on.
    In shop it is easy, you can show that you bought that one product, get recipe and want money back because hey you give product back and it is not used and you are not even left at store or get right back when you realized this was wrong product.

In kickstart if you start realizing "hey, this Star Citizen is like 4 year late, I do not like the way it seem to be going I did give them 10 000$ for WING COMMANDER pledge but now I want my money back". Well, it is not going to happen. Not even if you see that people who are making that (game) are bought houses with that money or made changes which kind of change fully for base idea what you kickstarted at first place...

I might be wrong.. ..but this is how I have understand this work...
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

I agree with you Pathfinder and maybe its to late for a refund if you pledged on Kickstarter or in first version of owlcatgames shop.

But You must admit its a bit weird that when want to upgrade pre-order to imperial edition by spend/add amount of money that left from whole price of it.

It only allows you to pay 40$ just to get noble edition.

I agree with you Pathfinder and maybe its to late for a refund if you pledged on Kickstarter or in first version of owlcatgames shop.

But You must admit its a bit weird that when want to upgrade pre-order to imperial edition by spend/add amount of money that left from whole price of it.

It only allows you to pay 40$ just to get noble edition.
    For me it is:
    "
    Premium Digital Download

"Baron" forum badge
    access to "dev forum"
    premium digital download of Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    special in-game items"

"
    (40$ +10$ for Chris Avellone RPG module)
    Update would be:
    Lore Explorer +40$
    "
    You will get everything from the Premium Digital Download tier, plus a brand-new Pathfinder RPG adventure PDF by Chris Avellone and Paizo, a high-resolution digital art book, and a digital download of the soundtrack.

"Baron" forum badge
    access to the dev forum
    premium digital download of Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    special in-game items
    digital art book
    digital soundtrack
    digital RPG adventure PDF by Chris Avellone
    Pathfinder RPG Inner Sea World Guide PDF

"

It would be great except I allready have ordered: digital RPG adventure PDF by Chris Avellone and I do own: Pathfinder RPG Inner Sea World Guide.

If I would not have those sure, I would consider buying it. Because I allready have them I now just wait for option to get Season Pass.
    I guess reason why you have option to buy Noble edition is because you bought your game later, for me it only show kickstart options.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    But You must admit its a bit weird that when want to upgrade pre-order to imperial edition by spend/add amount of money that left from whole price of it..
    It obviously seems buggy to me. I'll just wait for them to sort out the problems before trying to upgrade anything.
    If you would like, but did not really need, to go to the other side of a shifty-looking bridge, would you cross it or wait for workers to fix it ? I'd rather wait, but it's just me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast