Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Naliamegod View Post
    Oct/Reg's relationship isn't exactly solid when you first get them either.
    Well, that's true. Still, I think a Good character would not "steal the girlfriend" from his buddy. After/if they break up, then it's different.

Still, that's not many options overall. I honestly don't see why "dont-wanna-be-a-woman" Valerie was included, if they decided to go with so few options.

I guess I won't romance anyone. Thankfully it's not a dealbreaker for me.

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Well, that's true. Still, I think a Good character would not "steal the girlfriend" from his buddy. After/if they break up, then it's different.

Still, that's not many options overall. I honestly don't see why "dont-wanna-be-a-woman" Valerie was included, if they decided to go with so few options.

I guess I won't romance anyone. Thankfully it's not a dealbreaker for me.
    If that's what you are going to do go for it a romance option should not be forced down our throats

Hopefully the DLCs will add new options for the romance.

Yep, there is always the option of not getting involved in the romance part of the game at all. I am of the view that incorporating romances (different from friendships or other non-romantic relationships) is a serious waste of valuable game development resources. My $0.02.

I'm disappointed that some people see this relationship option as "Abnormal" or "Deviant". Up to this point all LGBT (mainly gay) romance options in fantasy settings have been with "willowy elves" or "emotionally damaged mages". For the first time a masculine character, with a darker personality, that is polyamorus and expresses kinky tenancies, is actually an option. Not to mention a race that is not typically viewed as 'sexy'. This is actually a great step forward for inclusion. Though admittedly having other options for folks that are not into that would be good. However this is a great expression of a character that does not fit the usual tropes.

Regongar is the hot, dark, orcish lover I've always wanted to see in a game. And given some of the pathfinder world setting, is not even slightly out of place. Referencing the "Tallow boys" of Karmega (city of strangers) and the presence of the deity Zon-Kuthon. Among many references throughout the adventure paths to characters having non-typical relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Glinting View Post
    Whilst I'm glad that there's romance options available for all genders/sexualites, I'll admit to being somewhat disappointed with the LGBT options. Media has an unfortunate tendency to cast LGBT romance options as the 'abnormal' or 'nontraditional' romances. Whilst there's obviously nothing inherently wrong with those, I personally would like it there were more such romances that were just... very traditional. For Kingmaker, you have Valerie and Tristian: both (comparatively) wholesome and straightforward romances, and the none-LGBT options. Then for Octavia and Reg... well, for starters they're already in a relationship. That's a whole tier of drama, whether or not its on the verges of falling apart already. You're getting them on the rebound. Not so wholesome.

Then there's the polyamory option? Don't get me wrong, I like that it's an option... but it does kind of make me sigh: oh, of course the only LGBT options are also the polyamory option. Whilst I'm sure that it wasn't the intent, and that it will be well written and enjoyable, it's another tick in the box of "LGBT characters are kind of deviants in one way or another". It's a somewhat melodramatic interpretation, I'll admit, but its one that can be made.

All in all, I'm just a bit disappointed that you can't romance the traditionally-attractive, boy/girl next door characters as the same gender. If you want a romance as an LGBT character, it has to be that much more dramatic.

All of this is, of course, coming from a position of not having seen the writing or knowing the full content of the arcs. I could be completely wrong, and end up eating my words. But as it stands, I'm disappointed with the split of same-sex/opposite-sex romances.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Infinity Sock View Post
    If that's what you are going to do go for it a romance option should not be forced down our throats
    Octavia and Regongar are in a poly relationship. there is no "stealing" anyone.

Honestly I would be really happy with some non party romance options. Someone like Kressle would be great because she already has a voiceactor and a backstory to draw from. When I played the Kingmaker tabletop version I remember that the baron/duke/king's spouse had a roll and benefit all their own so it would make sense to have non party options so you aren't squandering party members current rolls in the government. Just a thought.

I would like see Kesten romance!! I have a feeling he was initially planned as a romance option then scrapped due to time pressure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123