Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

[Solved]Developers: Steam-key update please

Devs, do we have a delivery-date for our steam-keys yet? Release-date is not far and it wouldn't be the first time a kickstarted game has messed up and actually delivered the keys until after release. It would be nice to get this done soonish-like. Pretty please :)
    Last edited by PoohPuss; 09-21-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoohPuss View Post
    Devs, do we have a delivery-date for our steam-keys yet? Release-date is not far and it wouldn't be the first time a kickstarted game has messed up and actually delivered the keys until after release. It would be nice to get this done soonish-like. Pretty please :)
    100% Agree with you

Pretty please? :)

Listen, It's only going to get more hectic as release approaches. While I would be super-frustrated not getting it before release that's actually not my concern here.

I really really want to see this game succeed. I don't believe there are any single thing that can hinder that success as much as a massive number of backers feeling scorned. My experience is that such things lead to massive, really massive, numbers of negative reviews. This hinders sales. Which hinder pre-release development and company-prosperity. The game in general and the polish at release needs to be pretty bad to generate such numbers of negative reviews (unless there are few backers, I wouldn't know).

Personally I'm not gonna let such a thing affect my review, but I'm a fan'boi. Unless there is some technical issue or delay Steam-side I would get this thing done and have my ducks in a row.

Just 8 days left now. Can't wait <3

for a crowd funded game its often considered a very bad sign for the backer to not to get the key a week before launch. so that being said I am hoping that there is some official update by tomorrow even if it is just a time frame of when we get our keys.

personally I am a little put out since I paid extra fro the sound track and would have gotten it anyways for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryfe View Post
    for a crowd funded game its often considered a very bad sign for the backer to not to get the key a week before launch. so that being said I am hoping that there is some official update by tomorrow even if it is just a time frame of when we get our keys.
    Really? Can you give an list for these more known games which give atleast a week or more before lauch they backers keys?

I mean atleast in Battletech, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Pillars of Eternity, Pillars of Eternity II, Badr's Tale IV, Divinity Orginal Sin and Divinity Orginal Sin 2 which I backed and get key it was NOT delivered week or before lauch. IT was ALLWAYS delivered around 48-24 hour before or LESS. I get my Bard's Tale IV key around 6-7 hour before lauch. That is latest example.

So atleast from my part: developers. TAKE YOUR TIME, crush these bugs as merciless as man (and developers specially) can do. Deliver us option to choose between GoG and Steam around 48/24 hour before lauch and let us predownload game during that time.. ..so we can start playing in that same minute when it is open for everyone.

That is all what I am expecting, hoping and wishing. This game have been this far one of the best games I have been waiting for (well, I did wait Battletech around 30 year since Mech Force in Amiga back in late 80's so waiting around 20 year for another great RPG since Baldur's Gate is not so bad) and what I have seen this far this year have been REALLY good for gaming in my part atleast.

Keep up good work and remember to take some rest after game is released. Sure we want DLC's, bug's (which will come) fixed and next AP in kickstart in next 2 year if possible.. ..but you have earned your rest.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    Really? Can you give an list for these more known games which give atleast a week or more before lauch they backers keys?

I mean atleast in Battletech, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Pillars of Eternity, Pillars of Eternity II, Badr's Tale IV, Divinity Orginal Sin and Divinity Orginal Sin 2 which I backed and get key it was NOT delivered week or before lauch. IT was ALLWAYS delivered around 48-24 hour before or LESS. I get my Bard's Tale IV key around 6-7 hour before lauch. That is latest example.

So atleast from my part: developers. TAKE YOUR TIME, crush these bugs as merciless as man (and developers specially) can do. Deliver us option to choose between GoG and Steam around 48/24 hour before lauch and let us predownload game during that time.. ..so we can start playing in that same minute when it is open for everyone.

That is all what I am expecting, hoping and wishing. This game have been this far one of the best games I have been waiting for (well, I did wait Battletech around 30 year since Mech Force in Amiga back in late 80's so waiting around 20 year for another great RPG since Baldur's Gate is not so bad) and what I have seen this far this year have been REALLY good for gaming in my part atleast.

Keep up good work and remember to take some rest after game is released. Sure we want DLC's, bug's (which will come) fixed and next AP in kickstart in next 2 year if possible.. ..but you have earned your rest.
    Except for a few unimportant details, I agree with this.

As for the unimportant details, I... nah, they really are not important. :p

It will make no difference too me if it comes out late i end up waiting a day out two to cheat in any game i have pre order what can i say cheating is love cheating is life

If we already have the beta on steam, do we need a new key or does it just turn into the actual game?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthturk View Post
    If we already have the beta on steam, do we need a new key or does it just turn into the actual game?
    Yes you need a new key to play the full game

again if you read that last part of the quoted text I would be happy with some word on the time frame, such as what days are planned for the keys to start shipping out and if there will be a preload. if you remember Kingdom Come, Battletech and Pillars all had issues day one from the severs being over loaded. took me the better part of a week to get my backer content for Battletech and I'm still waiting on the last bit of my backer rewards for it

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast