62. You may not vote on this poll
  • In

37 59.68%
  • Out

25 40.32%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member The Half-Dragon Prince's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForestDew View Post
    Furthermore, a succubus is chaotic too, pulling even more the imbalance.
    It does not need to be a chaotic evil in torment fall-from-grace is a succubus companion who is lawful neutral

Why does Succubus need to be tiefling? I personally hate tieflings and their racial, and I would personally like this possible character to have it's own racial.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    In the D&D (don't know about Pathfinder) devil/demon structure, a succubus is a Demon, and so is Chaotic. The Erynie is the Devilish (Lawful) counterpart.

If they mixed with humanoid races and beget children, it is logical, but not mandatory, that their progeny would be Tiefling. They could be regular Elves Humans, Orcs or whatever.

At least, that's my understanding of that whole cosmology.

Thanks for the votes keep it up and we may get it all so succubus are a singular race so male or female can romance it

Have to say it really doesn't fit the theme of this campaign. Id say you should ask for them to make wrath of the righteous. There is a companion there you may enjoy.

I mean...Meh? Personally I'd prefer to see a Tiefling with the Succubus bloodline. But maybe you can make the char. like how BG2: EE inserted a vampire into their game. Gave them an item that reduced their regularly OP stats.

But I won't say outright 'no' to any additional companions, so long as they're interesting.
    Last edited by jakl201; 09-15-2018 at 10:02 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by jakl201 View Post
    I mean...Meh? Personally I'd prefer to see a Tiefling with the Succubus bloodline. But maybe you can make the char. like BG2: EE inserted a vampire into the game. Gave them an item that reduced their regularly OP stats.

But I won't say outright 'no' to any additional companions, so long as they're interesting.
    Agreed we need more interesting companions on tieflings we might get them in a dlc in neverwinter nights 2 the tiefling was my favourite his class was warlock and his prestige class was hellfire warlock a pity pathfinder does not have the warlock class :(
    Last edited by The Half-Dragon Prince; 09-15-2018 at 12:28 AM.

Is there a "Hell no" option for this poll? I mean no problem with Pitborn Tiefling, but I don't think that you understand what you're asking for if you mean straight up Succubus. That's 10HD of monstrous levels, and they're attack-on-sight in 99% of Golarion.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifta View Post
    Is there a "Hell no" option for this poll? I mean no problem with Pitborn Tiefling, but I don't think that you understand what you're asking for if you mean straight up Succubus. That's 10HD of monstrous levels, and they're attack-on-sight in 99% of Golarion.
    Well, as Succubi can change shape as they wish, that shouldn't be a problem. And then they can always greater teleport anywhere they wished in case they couldn't convince their enemy with a Suggestion or a Charm Monster, helped with a Detect Thoughts to be more convincing... And they actually have 8 HD.
    As for the overall power, there are various ways to limit their power through some story that would have left them in a weakened state and that's precisely why they would try and stay with a powerful adventurer like your character, to protect them while they gather their strength back and find a way to counter the weakening curse (or whatever) affecting them. You might not even know who they are at first, they could be merely a seductive companion at first, and they would only reveal themselves at a later point in the story, or only to evil characters. There are many ways to get this without unbalancing the game.

Of course, those who only want an overpowered companion would be disappointed. But those who might want a Succubus for story reasons might love something like that.

Personally, I don't really care about Succubi and I voted "out" as I don't think it fits the Kingmaker AP background as I understand it.

Demons are chaotic evil outsiders that call the Abyss their home.
    [...]
    The primary joy of the succubus is in destroying innocence and love; offering a child, virgin, or a beloved family member to gain the interest of the succubus.
    Hehehe... now that would be really something new.

A Succubus should behave and act as such. Meaning: Your baron and your barony are most likely not going to enjoy the continuous presence of a demon, not even on a evil play-through. Then I'd be ok with the possibility of a Succubus as companion.
    Making it otherwise less powerful, less evil/ less demonic, is... how should I put it... Why add a Succubus in the fist place?

And therefor: Shu, shu of to the Abyss with it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast