Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Less than a week to go, how do you feel?

Exited?

Nervous?

What do you dread?

What are you looking forward to?

Any odd feelings about finally getting something after backing it so long ago?

A combination of all the above?

Both, and for all the usual reasons.

Kingmaker was the most exciting pnp rpg I ever played. Through Fantasy Grounds, but in my experience doing it online just enhances the experience as opposed to tabletop. Did a Bloodrager, and it was deadly as heck. We managed to successfully infiltrate the hideout of the first chapters boss through the back and take him unawares. Lucky die-rolls or we would have raised the alarm. Was able to take him down fast and the rest was meat for the grinder. Unfortunately the GM suddenly disappeared without a trace, which happens every so often with PUGs. Can't wait to experience the rest for the first time.

Spending way too much time pressing the refresh-button on both this and the steam-forums. It's way to early for that, but I can't help myself.

How 'bout you Nem'?

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Excited and a little bit impatient, mostly. I can't wait to play the game.
    Kinda cool and distant regarding possible bugs and problems (like when are we getting the keys, will we be able to download the game in time, etc.). I mean, there may be problems (I mean, big problems), but for some reason, I trust the devs to do their very best. I felt the passion and the motivation so if there are problems, I don't think it will be due to any lack of fire. Thus, they will find solutions sooner or later. I don't mind waiting a few weeks or even months, as long as they tell us, honestly, what to expect and when. It won't be easy because I want to play it now, but it's OK.

All of the mentioned things, but also a bit of exhaustion, but that may have to do with my current RL-situation where something important has very recently finally ended.

AWWWW CRAP! The day it comes out I am having surgery on my dominant(right) arm! tendinitis got me and makes everything hard to do! Don't know if I can play when I get home now... might have to wait until my wife goes to work so I can take off the darn splint and use the mouse! How frustrating is that? I tell ya, it sucks!

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    Exited but i am bored out of my mind i have been trying to kill same time by watching cnn getting owned

I learned about this game only month ago and only through coincidence. I quickly reactivated my steam account to buy the game before release... something I normally would not do, because I couldn't care less about any in game pre-order bonuses and I have been disappointed to often. I think I would even have backed it at Kickstarter if I would had known about this.

As someone who generally sat behind the GM screen, this is my chance to play Pathfinder as a player. Sadly I know about most of the story, as I lead the campaign some years ago. But I am also very curious to learn this games house rules.

House rules are modifications and adaptions PnP groups make to better match the game with the groups play-stile or to clarify where the original rules have been vague or misleading. The adaption from PnP to CRPG could be interpreted as house rules of the devs.

Impatient, stoked. Hoping all the kinks have been worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpophorus View Post
    I learned about this game only month ago and only through coincidence. I quickly reactivated my steam account to buy the game before release... something I normally would not do, because I couldn't care less about any in game pre-order bonuses and I have been disappointed to often. I think I would even have backed it at Kickstarter if I would had known about this.

As someone who generally sat behind the GM screen, this is my chance to play Pathfinder as a player. Sadly I know about most of the story, as I lead the campaign some years ago. But I am also very curious to learn this games house rules.

House rules are modifications and adaptions PnP groups make to better match the game with the groups play-stile or to clarify where the original rules have been vague or misleading. The adaption from PnP to CRPG could be interpreted as house rules of the devs.
    Atleast some house rules are:
    - No riding, no flying, no swimming, crafting, your personal "job" based skills (like you can not be sailor and have ship building skill) and stuff like that.
    - You get HALF of int bonus points (but way less skills and they are "mold" together better)
    - No whips and was it chain and ball or that kind of weapon.
    - Game will take around 5 year and it is much more fleshed out then orginal AP (you get 7:th chapter and preluge, allso things are bit more clear for you specially if you allready know the story you can see hints).
    - Game look really nice and you can see how developers have been working tight with Paizo and care & love the Pathfinder (they actually played multiple P&P Kingmaker sets [same time] during development to get more / better / different ideas)
    - Game should take 40 hour for mainquest and 80 if you do sidequest. It will make longer, specially if you look details (weather, small animals and how they react to player / party) and actually read things (descriptions, what people say)
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

I'm nervous, sure, but far, FAR more excited and hyped than anything else.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast