Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @ Pathfinder:

Thanks for the input, appreciated. What I have seen and learned so far, convinces me that this will be a very good game. Care to share some more insight?

You mentioned that the story would unfold around 5 years in-game time... that is interesting. Usually the passing of time is irrelevant as it has less to no effects in most games. Are there any noticeable effects in Pathfinder Kingmaker?

I assume they did not add aging and it's effects on the characters stats. I can imagine other mechanics, such as time windows to successfully resolve quests. What do you know about that?

I'm frantically trying to decide what character I'm going to play so I don't spend the first 4 hours in game making, remaking, and remaking and restarting the game a million times trying to decide...
    And checking my email constantly looking for info about my key.

You might call me excited...

Quote Originally Posted by Karpophorus View Post
    @ Pathfinder:

Thanks for the input, appreciated. What I have seen and learned so far, convinces me that this will be a very good game. Care to share some more insight?

You mentioned that the story would unfold around 5 years in-game time... that is interesting. Usually the passing of time is irrelevant as it has less to no effects in most games. Are there any noticeable effects in Pathfinder Kingmaker?

I assume they did not add aging and it's effects on the characters stats. I can imagine other mechanics, such as time windows to successfully resolve quests. What do you know about that?
    Hmm, in custom level you most likely first notise "time" when you create your PC. You can give your PC date of birth.

But in game you can see not only night and day but allso time of year (there is winter, summer and so on, allso weather change if you stay long enough in one spot [I do not mean that you will see from summer to winter but weather effects, rain, storm, thunder, lightning, day, night, clear, sunshine and so on]).

Some things (it is kind of easy to notise) are tied in time. What I mean is: you might start getting messages like "monsters type X are seen at your border" => "monsters type X are attacking your settlements" => "monsters type X are heading at your capital" and so on. Basicly if you ignore enough time these (first smaller, then kind of big) hints you will end up in big trouble.

Naturally things are "alive" and evolve, so if you ignore something long enough it will become kind of hard to deal later (or place is just empty). (So it is not like in some games where start of the game someone tell you "go and resque princess, you have one day time" and in the end you remember.. ..oh, there were some princess and so that quest. If you try something like that in this game you most likely end up seeing bones :) )

There is allso kingdom management. If you play "normal" game (not story mode or so) you get suggested to be at your capital and check your kingdom things start of every month. Because in traditional way that is time when things happen (may it be pesant needing audience, some noble have suggestion, merchant want to make a deal, other nation have something to say, embassador want to meet, monster attacking or so.. ..yes, it is kind of silly [specially that monster part, but it is your advisors who tell these things, not actual monsters coming to chat] but you need time to adventure allso so in theory you can be out there ~28 days or so and just head back once a month)

Naturally allso you build things, that take allso time. You can make long term deals (get recources and your "kingdom cash" like 10 per month, for next 3 year if you open this trade route, but it will be expensive")

Allso yes, some quest automatic fail if you do not do them and just "wait" (do other stuff instead). That might mean that let's say your companion (if it was his/her quest) will be not happy or something else might happen. It is kind of refreshing and nice (so you can not just go game first collecting all quests and then start making them "closest first" or so).
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 09-23-2018 at 07:12 AM.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Quote Originally Posted by Nambuhs View Post
    I'm frantically trying to decide what character I'm going to play so I don't spend the first 4 hours in game making, remaking, and remaking and restarting the game a million times trying to decide...
    And checking my email constantly looking for info about my key.

You might call me excited...
    Man if you manage to do that I'm in awe. I'm likely to be spending 20 hours in char-gen before I even get to prologue no matter what I do. Then I'll probably change it like 4-8 times before the game gets going..

Very excited! Already planned the first character, even made custom portraits for her. And now trying to read as much lore as I can, though it's hard, considering game is not exact replica of PnP but game-wiki is empty.

I'm very excited for the release. Can't wait!

My biggest hope that the quality of wrinting, including the companions are steying as good after chapter 1-2 as it was in the beta. Also, I hope that there will be many decisions with long term effects.

What makes me a bit nervous, is how they made the final version of the kingdom system. In the beta it was very barebones, and much more punishing than rewarding, AND somewhat disconnected from the adventuring aspect. So while the basics were good, I hope it was improved a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by PoohPuss View Post
    Man if you manage to do that I'm in awe. I'm likely to be spending 20 hours in char-gen before I even get to prologue no matter what I do. Then I'll probably change it like 4-8 times before the game gets going..
    It helps that I already know classes I’m not fond of playing. I tend toward the caster types.
    Although, in Divinity Orginal Sin I totally ended up playing a sword and board tank and a ranger.... Crap.

You could do both try a magus or eldritch knight.Be warned thogh Magus and Ek are still not equal to a barbarian or a tank and dont try to use them that way.

I've been spending the entire day just hitting refresh over at Kickstarter, here, in my mailbox, and over in the backer portal. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad13 View Post
    I've been spending the entire day just hitting refresh over at Kickstarter, here, in my mailbox, and over in the backer portal. Anyone else?
    Same hahaha can't wait

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast