Encumbrance in Safe Zones (Oleg's) Is Ridiculous

I complained about this in the beta, and I'll go ahead and complain about it here: making me walk slow as hell while in a "Safe Zone" doesn't do anything other than annoy me and take away from my enjoyment of the rest of the game. And no, my character by themselves is not encumbered, but when you apply the group weight to them, after being forced to go solo in these zones, makes no sense.

You can turn that off in the difficulty settings.

I did, but it's still somehow applying it to me, at least part it wase, at OIeg's. Likely just a bug; after I rested I was back to normal speed (wasn't fatigued or str drained or anything).

Doesn't fatigue prevent you from running? Might that be it?

Fatigue can affect your strength, which can make you encumbered - but with the option to ignore the affects of encumbrance on your speed, it shouldn't make you slower afaik.

Can confirm this is happening to me as well (also holy shit being caught in heavy rain and this shit is torture). Also yes, I am not encumbered or tired.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Same to me. The option does not seem to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpaper View Post
    Can confirm this is happening to me as well (also holy shit being caught in heavy rain and this shit is torture). Also yes, I am not encumbered or tired.
    That is the absolute worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpaper View Post
    For sure. Time to grab a cuppa, hang out some washing, and catch up on some Netflix when that crap kicks in. I just end up dumping all of the armour then come back and pick it up some other time. Not ideal, but I'll be damned if I'm going sit through that torture.