Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It should be good if, when a random encounter appears... before switching to the fight, a window shows up with the option to "try to escape/avoid the monster", and if you try that, the game make a Perception (or Stealth) check... if it's succesful you will avoid the fight entirely
    Present day?
    Present time?
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The game is perfect the way it is. I'm playing on challenging mode and I like it. Please don't nerf the game difficulty devs!

But if you're going to change anyway, I have a suggestion:

Replace the "challenging mode" by "core rules", and in the enemy stats adjustments replace the somewhat tougher by normal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Infinity Sock View Post
    I am still waiting for my question to be answered?
    Perhaps you should ask it in a different thread. This thread addresses difficulty problems (and to be honest, I don't think the devs have time right now to check even this thread for replies, especially since the OP was a statement, not a question). We are filing bug reports in the thread with the appropriate title, and even there, we don't expect quick replies to our questions. We try and provide correct and concise info for the devs to pick up on and patch. Imagine what their work shifts look like right now! I imagine they will have time to chat with us only much later; first comes the coding of patches!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_arantes_t@hotmail.com View Post
    Replace the "challenging mode" by "core rules", and in the enemy stats adjustments replace the somewhat tougher by normal.
    I picked "challenging mode" because it looked like it was the "true" normal, the "core rules" like you said. And I got rolled. I went back and noticed that the stat adjustments jump from "somewhat easier" to "somewhat tougher" and that if you wanted "normal" stats you had to specifically pick it. I laughed, picked it, and the difficulty is now exactly where I want it to be. So yeah, long way of saying I agree completely.

Problem is that in many of the early encounters enemy has such high ac that even if prebuffed it is practically impossible hit them while at the same time they hit nearly every time. So many fights are winnable only if you get couple of lucky criticals.

Quote Originally Posted by Thainen View Post
    We hear your comments on the game difficulty and difficulty spikes, and we will take specific steps in addressing those spikes. First of all, the encounter with the wolves is too hard right now even for normal difficulty, so we will be reducing the number of the wolves in the encounter, as it is a part of the tutorial and should not be as harsh. [...]
    I'm starting thinking that you haven't considered the original Pathfinder ruling about encounters. If you'd followed it you'd know that 3 wolves are CR3 and there are no chance for a party of 4 lvl 1 to kill this group of monsters... I'm a master of Pathfinder and I can't figure out how did you balanced this game... I've succeded only the defence of Oleg's trading post for a total of 7 hours of game... I counted even "missed" hit and there's no possibilities to see an 80% of miss during a game... please, just do something...
    Last edited by justdust@hotmail.it; 09-27-2018 at 03:49 PM. Reason: wrong translation

My party of 4 level 2 character got ambushed by two mature Athach which are two CR 14 or omething creature I think, I am gonna put that one on a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Juhis View Post
    Problem is that in many of the early encounters enemy has such high ac that even if prebuffed it is practically impossible hit them while at the same time they hit nearly every time. So many fights are winnable only if you get couple of lucky criticals.
    yeah, at level 2 and 3 the game feel more like a game of chance than a game of tactics, the only way to win is to save scum it until you get Lucky with your rolls and the ennemy get unlucky with theirs.

Maybe I'm used to it? but on Normal difficulty I haven't really had any issues outside the swarms in the fangberry cave, Viscount Smoulderburnn and the Ratnook Hill encounter. Everything else hasn't taken more than one reload to win, and the last two are meant as optional challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I had a CR 14+ encounter at lvl2, and sadly running away was not an option. They run faster, and 1-hit-killed my main and Harrim.

I tested with a weaker encounter, and it seems you can't leave a random encounter map if there are still nemies nearby. That was an option in the beta, so I1m not sure if it's a bug or a bad feature.
    That is bad and they should enable it or make it atleast roll dependent like on a team average Atletic, Mobility or combinatetd Atletic/Mobility check (if this is possible).

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast