Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Same as Stratagemini for me, but you should force start new game on a lesser difficulty level. You will get fewer complaint...

I think the lack of core rules diffulculty setting is a probleme, I thought that challenging was core rules setting until I checked combat logs and all the ennemies are given shady +2 attack bonus and AC bonus for no reason.

I could manualy change it to normal, but tempering with the diffuclty option feel like cheating to me,and it will ruin my achievment.

It feel like I am forced to chose betwen watching the AI cheat or becoming the cheater myself.
    Last edited by SilverSera; 09-27-2018 at 04:48 PM.

It's great to hear you guys are already taking steps to address some of these concerns! I see there was a 2.6GB update today, although no patch notes or other mention of what was in it. Is there actually an update, or maybe just some of the rewards downloading?

Edit: Nevermind, saw the patch notes on Facebook. Awesome job guys!
    Last edited by SinisterXOne; 09-27-2018 at 06:41 PM.

I think the problem is not just the difficulty but also that the starting party is really bad for some encounters. For example you don't have anyone (unless your PC is am arcane full caster) to deal magic damage to the swarms. I made a rogue, I had several acid and fire flask and they weren't nearly enough.
    Then I got to the Bearlike Treat and it one shots my 2nd level characters. It hits 24AC easily and the 10/DR means no one but the barbarian can damage it because I don't have magic damage.There's also no other way to progress past it.
    Any decent DM develps an adventure taking the party composition in mind and it seems this is not something the devs thought about.

Not related the loading times are way too long even in a PC that can ran the Witcher 3 on ultra.

I'm a Pathfinder GM and I have been running this very adventure path (Kingmaker) for more than a year. We are currently in the 3rd book. The Owlcat game is very true to the original adventure path and to the Pathfinder rules. Is it difficult? Hell yes. Is it unbalanced? Sure it is. It is supposed to be that way. You don't gather your party to venture into the unknown and expect that all the foes that you meet to be the same level as you (or easy), do you?

Why people that think the game is too difficult don't just change it to easy?

Playing on unfair with useless in battle bard PC. Having a lot of fun - please don't make high difficulty levels easier.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_arantes_t@hotmail.com View Post
    I'm a Pathfinder GM and I have been running this very adventure path (Kingmaker) for more than a year. We are currently in the 3rd book. The Owlcat game is very true to the original adventure path and to the Pathfinder rules. Is it difficult? Hell yes. Is it unbalanced? Sure it is. It is supposed to be that way. You don't gather your party to venture into the unknown and expect that all the foes that you meet to be the same level as you (or easy), do you?

People clearly don't like it and are killing it on steam. The devs won't have a choice but to give in.

Also I read the AP and is nothing like the game.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_arantes_t@hotmail.com View Post

I suspect people were expecting to have a way to deal with said encounters - either fight or run. You have to agree that in PnP you have much more freedom of actions. Here you can not even run from encounter. So, when you have only one option you expect it to work. Switching to "easy" means the encounter is fine and tuned correctly but you are too dumb to solve it. Not the best feeling in the world. Especially if up to that point you were doing just fine.

You can buy acid bombs from the Alchemist fpr the swarms easy win.

[QUOTE=Aldaron;27669]I think the problem is not just the difficulty but also that the starting party is really bad for some encounters. For example you don't have anyone (unless your PC is am arcane full caster) to deal magic damage to the swarms. I made a rogue, I had several acid and fire flask and they weren't nearly enough.
    Then I got to the Bearlike Treat and it one shots my 2nd level characters. It hits 24AC easily and the 10/DR means no one but the barbarian can damage it because I don't have magic damage.There's also no other way to progress past it.
    Any decent DM develps an adventure taking the party composition in mind and it seems this is not something the devs thought about.

You can buy way more from the Alchemist.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast