Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=Draxxil;27715]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
    I think the problem is not just the difficulty but also that the starting party is really bad for some encounters. For example you don't have anyone (unless your PC is am arcane full caster) to deal magic damage to the swarms. I made a rogue, I had several acid and fire flask and they weren't nearly enough.
    Then I got to the Bearlike Treat and it one shots my 2nd level characters. It hits 24AC easily and the 10/DR means no one but the barbarian can damage it because I don't have magic damage.There's also no other way to progress past it.
    Any decent DM develps an adventure taking the party composition in mind and it seems this is not something the devs thought about.

You can buy way more from the Alchemist.
    Not really the point. Why on earth should I need to buy 20 alchemist fires to beat it? And it won't help me against the treant.

You have to stop making excuses for the devs.

[QUOTE=Aldaron;27726]
    Quote Originally Posted by Draxxil View Post

Not really the point. Why on earth should I need to buy 20 alchemist fires to beat it? And it won't help me against the treant.

You have to stop making excuses for the devs.
    Because u need it?
    There are no excuses and there are ways around to the Problems u crying about thats all.

No, I should be able to beat any equivalent CR encounter if played correctly. If I can't it's badly planned.
    And there no way that I can beat the temple boss at level 2 unless I go level up or change my PC for another more min/max one.
    If you guys like the challenge that's great but it's not normal difficulty and I don't really care what you think about it. The negative reviews speak for themselves.

oh yeah and the team you get is mostly trash (barbarian excepted). The bard is useless but for some heals and the competence song. The cleric is terrible. And the fighter is a moving shield without aggro.

I haven't been able to play much due to surgery, but I started an elf rogue. I got his looks where I wanted them and when I picked rogue, he immediately turned into a human model?!? Please fix this so I can start rogue and remain elf-looking!

below -------------- don't know how to delete this post lol
    Last edited by gabriel_arantes_t@hotmail.com; 09-28-2018 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirandel View Post
    I suspect people were expecting to have a way to deal with said encounters - either fight or run. You have to agree that in PnP you have much more freedom of actions. Here you can not even run from encounter. So, when you have only one option you expect it to work. Switching to "easy" means the encounter is fine and tuned correctly but you are too dumb to solve it. Not the best feeling in the world. Especially if up to that point you were doing just fine.
    So the problem is the name? Oh man, common. You can do better than that. People feel bad because they are setting the game to easy? Really? So everyone else that disagree should now play the game on hard/nightmare because some people can't deal with playing the game on easy?

Seriously, man, that is not a reason to complain.

People clearly don't like it and are killing it on steam. The devs won't have a choice but to give in.

Also I read the AP and is nothing like the game.
    You sure you read it? Because it is very similar to what I remember from the first book. The quests, the random encounters, everything. Maybe you read it, but you cleary didn't play it. It *is* hard, specially encounters with monsters of the swarm type. There is a difficult setting, what is the problem with plp that can't just set it on easy, or normal, or whatever. Complaining that the game is difficult, unbelivable. As I read on a forum "I am pretty sure those same **** on Steam would complain about BG1 difficulty if it was released today. "

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_arantes_t@hotmail.com View Post
    You sure you read it? Because it is very similar to what I remember from the first book. The quests, the random encounters, everything. Maybe you read it, but you cleary didn't play it. It *is* hard, specially encounters with monsters of the swarm type. There is a difficult setting, what is the problem with plp that can't just set it on easy, or normal, or whatever. Complaining that the game is difficult, unbelivable. As I read on a forum "I am pretty sure those same **** on Steam would complain about BG1 difficulty if it was released today. "
    They get 7 and 4 chioces for difficultie and much much more options to tweat their games.
    This game right now is really good and when we w8 and have some patiance the devs will make it way better. And if it will be possible some day Mods will make this Game outstanding.

No, I should be able to beat any equivalent CR encounter if played correctly. If I can't it's badly planned.
    So the base line is: if you are unable to achieve something, while others can, it can only be someone else's fault. Fascinating...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast