Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does it Matter Which Envoy You Take?

You got the half-orc from the ones that funded you, or the old lady from the elitist jerks (not going to pick that one) or the 17 year old Lander....

So what did everyone do? And does it matter?

And should I take the 500 resource carts at the cost of HAVING to do business with Restov... or is that a must? I thought the swordlord said they would help build my capital not force a contract..... so is that 500 just a bonus? is it a good idea or not?

It does matter, yes. This is RPG, so these things make a change (when you play again choose differently). There is no "right" or "wrong" way to play. Same go with these other options. It is your game, you choose.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

thats not an answer. and Im not going to play this again. im doing everything once, i spent 87 days just to kill the stag lord.

so again, does it matter? <or is it jsut a different picture to look at?>

When you get to the kingdom part, you can assign advisors to tasks. Each advisor can only be attached to a single task at a time and only to tasks related to his background. The advisor has both an alignment of sorts (expected way they try to resolve issues) and a modifier to their tasks (e.g. a warrior gets a bigger bonus to leading troops).

So your envoy choice gives you an advisor for a specific set of tasks with a specific style of governance. Given the game is so new, it's hard to tell if there is an optimal choice, so you'll have to make an educated guess. Alternatively you could try picking each envoy and seeing their style of governance in the kingdom screens and then pick accordingly, although you may have to wait through an unskippable cutscene repeatedly to do so.

i think it will make change further in the game in the politics with brevoy, the orc is for the rost(good), lander is neutral, and the thirs il sultana(evil), so it's a matter of what you want for your country

I chose Lander, although I am not very fond of him. For me he was No. 1 pick.

I cannot say what is going to happen, but it seems obvious that Brevoy will be facing a civil war. These are my thoughts:

The Swordlords need allies, or at least someone who helps them securing their borders, once shit hits the fan. At best they want you to follow them.

The Surtovas know that, and don’t want their rivals to gain more strength as it would also weaken their faction. That’s why they want you to follow them.

Lander opens up a third option, through neutrality. Your fledgling nation sooner or later will have to make a choice, can’t remain neutral forever, but until then you might have maintained your independence just long enough to build up enough power and who knows, maybe you will be able to bring peace to Brevoy... through conquest! Choral the Conqueror 2.0.

On a side note: Lander once advised me to gain power through expansion, which is exactly what I want to do. The stolen lands are just not enough. ;-p

I am struggling with this decision at this very moment. I know for sure I do not want to choose the Sultana. And if I were to stick with roleplaying a chaotic character, even if good aligned, I would probably choose Lander. But my better judgement tells me I want to stick with Jamandi's envoy, so I will probably do that. I probably should not play chaotic characters, but I do it to justify stealing to support my quests, which are always for the good of everyone.

i posted what each general's probable alignment, govern style and adviser they take on.. take a look ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 1857830464250448@facebook View Post
    i posted what each general's probable alignment, govern style and adviser they take on.. take a look ;)
    And where did you post this? LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast