Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I believe, in game terms, Kassil is Good, Shandra is Neutral, and Lander is Evil. This is a change from the AP where both Shandra and Lander are Neutral. You can tell this because each advisor slot has a Good, Neutral, and Evil option, and for the slots they fill we know the alignments of the other two. For Kassil (General), we know Amiri is Neutral and Regongar is Evil, so Kassil must be Good. For Lander (Regent), we know Octavia is Good and Valerie is Neutral, therefore Lander is Evil. For Shandra (Councilor) it's a little more complicated. We know Tristian is Good, but to know Tsanna's alignment we have to look at her other slot, where she competes with Harrim (Neutral) and Jhod (Good), making her Evil, which leaves Shandra as Neutral.

As for the choice, it does affect things. On the most basic level, each one fills a different slot. On a larger scale, though, who you choose begins to have a large impact towards Acts 5 and 6 when Brevoy begins to fall apart; each will try to push you in a different direction and certain choices will lead to certain kingdom events. I'm not gonna spoil anything, but I know from reading the bug threads that they do have an impact, and until they fixed a certain bug one of them would potentially destroy your kingdom. Cheerio!

More importantly, since I had to basically restart because of it.

If you plan to play as evil, you should probably take Shandra because of events that happen that will easily make you unable to fill a VERY important adviser position FOR THE REST OF THE GAME.

Unfortunately you lose Shandra around the same time that you lose him.
    There is only one long-term Councilor and that's Tsanna.
    And she's stupid and I want a goddam LAWFUL councilor.

please Owlcat. please.

Quote Originally Posted by Iymurra View Post
    Unfortunately you lose Shandra around the same time that you lose him.
    There is only one long-term Councilor and that's Tsanna.
    And she's stupid and I want a goddam LAWFUL councilor.

please Owlcat. please.
    It's possible to get her back, but yeah the whole thing is silly, especially for councilor.

We have:
    a person you can kill
    a person that leaves that you might not pick that might not come back
    a person you'll probably kill

Literally no other options. If you're lawful evil, picked wrong in what is essentially a random shot in the dark and not forgiving. Well, you had a fun playthrough. Maybe the next one will work out better for you. Roleplaying not allowed apparently.

Everyone should really be able to do every job. Or at least have 1 person that can't die and can't leave for each position.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    The thing is, you should have even random, basic advisors, albeit with low bonus, just to handle basic things. They may fail High-DC events, but at least, those won't be ignored.

the 'the old lady from the elitist jerks' is the one to pick to, all the others leave you without a Councillor if you kill the other one.

edit: missed there were two pages.

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    The thing is, you should have even random, basic advisors, albeit with low bonus, just to handle basic things. They may fail High-DC events, but at least, those won't be ignored.
    There should be more advisors for each position, but not random ones.
    Advisors have dialogue and personality and that matters. Random ones would remove from the game a whole aspect of the game.
    I would say atleast two more advisors for each slot, that are impossible to kill or not be able to hire )i.e. if you say no you can go back and ask later)
    Last edited by evelynstarshine; 10-25-2018 at 10:25 PM.

That could work too. I think generic ones would be a fine stopgap though. Have a generic adviser text for events without any real input.

"We have issue X.
    We can either do A or B."

It's just silly your playthrough can get completely boned by roleplaying in an RPG because for some reason only 3 people in the entire kingdom can do any job. In PnP any role could be done by anyone, it just worked off stats. Maybe Linzi is a crappy general, but she's certainly better than literally no one oh God we're being killed.

At least let me appoint random Guardsman 42 to the job.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    I said "random" and "basic" in the sense of "anonymous", and without alignment (or neutral),, to fulfill the post while waiting a better, skilled, advisor. Because work doesn't wait.
    Of course, we can also assume there is one and that they are so poor at their job that the problems are ignored, but it feels too stretched.

If the generic weren't allowed to do the upgrade 'support the advisor' missions and rank up, then you wouldn't be missing out on the places where the alignment, character and personality of the advisor count? (I dont know if the random problem/opportunities have advisor specific resolution text, I think they don't)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12