Frozen after leaving Capital

I've became a baron and returned to my capital to get things setup. I built some building and assigned some advisors. Now whenever I leave the Barony's Capital I see my character walk out of the building and to the center of the town, and then.. nothing. I see my character and some people walking around. But there is no gui, I can't move, shortcut buttons don't do anything. ESC brings up the menu and I can load or exit the game, but Save doesn't work.

I've rebooted and come back in, and it does the same thing.

Is there a fix yet? Perhaps something I'm doing wrong? Anyone else experience this?

I'm having the exact same issue and haven't found a workaround, tried to go to a first save where I didn't do anything in the town managment but it didn't help, you leave, it just gets stuck like that outside.
    I really enjoy the game, but to not being able to play because of this makes me sad.

Same issue here, too. We appear to be stuck in a cutscene.

Did either of you do the Octavia romance? Because when I reloaded an earlier save and went through the whole baron ceremony again and it transitioned into the tavern meeting with Octavia and Reg and turned her down the intro worked. So i'm pretty sure at least that part of the romance is bugged.

Wow. Yeah. That romance completely changes the initial cutscene for the chapter. Instead of automatically being in the throne room, I'm walking the streets and being greeted by Kesten. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, did that but sadly I don't have a previous save.
    And still it sucks because otherwise you can't romance Octavia I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Satros13 View Post
    Did either of you do the Octavia romance? Because when I reloaded an earlier save and went through the whole baron ceremony again and it transitioned into the tavern meeting with Octavia and Reg and turned her down the intro worked. So i'm pretty sure at least that part of the romance is bugged.
    Yes, I did do the Octavia and Reg romance. Interesting... I started another character and I'm doing a completely new run through. This time I won't romance Octavia and see if perhaps I can make it past the point. Maybe I'll try an earlier save and see if turning down the Octavia romance scene makes a difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrden View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue and haven't found a workaround, tried to go to a first save where I didn't do anything in the town managment but it didn't help, you leave, it just gets stuck like that outside.
    I really enjoy the game, but to not being able to play because of this makes me sad.

Sorry to hear that other people are experiencing this, because it's very frustrating. But, I'm really glad that it's not just me. At least if it's common, they're more likely to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by djm.misc@outlook.com View Post
    Yes, I did do the Octavia and Reg romance. Interesting... I started another character and I'm doing a completely new run through. This time I won't romance Octavia and see if perhaps I can make it past the point. Maybe I'll try an earlier save and see if turning down the Octavia romance scene makes a difference...
    That worked!!
    I reloaded a save from after I killed the Stag Lord and right before I reported back to Olek. I made all of the same choices as previously, but when Octavia got frisky I turned her down.

This time, things were noticeably different.

-When romancing Octavia: After the two of us went to the room to get busy, there was a long pause of black screen and eventually I showed up in my residence of my Capital. No matter what I did after this point, as soon as I left the residence, the game went into freeze mode and I watched a couple people walk around and I had no Gui and no ability to save.

-When NOT romancing Octavia: After I turned her down, I showed up outdoors within my capital. Kestel showed up and walked me around introducing people. We look over the edge of the cliff and then he takes me to my residence and we walk inside. There is some dialog and then I'm given control again. When I go outside of my residence, everything works like normal.

Looks like the problem does have something to do with getting busy with Octavia.