Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Feats Thread

How about a thread for what favorite feats you want to be sure are in the game?

Here are some of mine to start with:
    Dervish Dance: Since I doubt the Agile weapon enchant will be in the game this gives us a way besides Unchained Rogue to do Dex to damage

Crane Style: Plus Crane Wing and Crane Riposte of course. Combos well with above. Lets you make agile single weapon fighting swashbuckler type characters with a respectable AC. Works well for the Bard and Magus.

Cornugon Smash: One of the feats I put on most of my melee characters. Free debuffing on an attack is pretty cool.

Hurtful: Combos well with Cornugon Smash. One of the few reliable feat-based ways to get an extra attack. In PnP importantly lets you move+attack and potentially get two attacks.
    Last edited by Darksavant; 07-25-2017 at 07:50 PM.

The Eldritch Heritage feat-line is a must have for me. I also want as many Style feats as possible, especially Snake and Dragon Style..

Those are all potent fears, although if you look at one of the updates (I think the merchant or UI update) you can actually see one of the screen shots or videos actually shows an agile weapon so I think it is planned to be in the game. Dervish dance though is a flavorful feat for those of Katapeshi descent. I'd be concerned about the power level of it, but I think the snap shot feats would provide some interesting battlefield control.

Boon Companion.
    What do you call a dragon who ate a bunch of adventurers? A party-pooper!
    If you Awaken a chicken, is it speaking fowl language?
    What do you say when a treefolk betrays you? Tree-son!

As a cleric player, Toughness, Extra Channel and Selective Channeling (which I hate, but is necessary) are must-haves.

Boon Companion is great for an Animal Domain cleric or Ranger.

Any feats that grant extra rounds of Rage or Performance for Barbarians and Bards.

Augment Summoning for summoner-types of all classes.

I almost always take Improved Initiative, eventually, but I don't think it matters for this style of gameplay.

Something like Additional Traits (if traits are going to be a thing) or Cosmopolitan (to add a few new class skills and round out the character) also help to flesh out a character whose choice of class (Barbarian, Druid, Ranger, Wizard, etc.) doesn't necessarily include skills that will be vital to a role like Kingdom-Building, like Diplomacy. :)

Selective Channel is a must-have, especially if you make a negative energy cleric. On the plus side I am pretty sure I recall them specifically mentioning that somewhere so I think that one is going to be in.

Combat Stamina, The Stamina system is actually really coll way to add more to feats and gives fighters their own niche becasue the get it for free.

Its is Combat stamina + Advanced Weapon Training + Advanced Armor Training that really make come into their own as a class.
    It also gives archetypes that grant weapon training a way to do more interesting stuff.

With the Barroom Brawler and Item Mastery feats(more feats I want in the game) this feature it allows you to do the really interesting iron caster build.

I really stress AWT and AAT because they bring fighter up to the level of other classes and the feats and abilites they bring Along with Were vertable game change for the fighter.
    Last edited by Dr. Dre; 07-25-2017 at 08:17 PM.

On Another note the Divine Fighting Techniques are really cool and flavorful ways to show off worship of a deity.

I don't know. As I tend to play Clerics, the most Feat Starved class there is, I really don't tend to care too much about Feats.

Sacred Summons would be really nice. I will second Cosmopolitan, but only if it matters for the game. How important are languages known or Knowledges? I tend to use it to get Know Local, Perception, or Use Magic Deice as Class Skills on my Cleric, but to be honest, I'm more concerned with Traits, specifically to get Acrobatics, Disable Device, or a few other Skills added in than Feats.

At this point, I really don't know what to expect from the game, so it's hard to say, really. If we go off the base assumption that the Core book is in, I think there is generally enough there to cover just about everyone. But, how in depth is the system going to be? I mean, will Metamagic Feats be in, as they could be rather complex for the system, (I would think). How about Item Crafting? Magic or Mundane? Leadership? Improved Familiar? These are mostly rhetorical, as again, we don't really know just how complex the system will be at this point.

Blazing Channel I would love to see visually, but all in all I view Channeling to Harm as very under powered, so I don't know.

I want to give a HUUUGEEE push for the Combat Stamina feat. Giving fighters that kind of resource pool really helps make them more interesting to play outside of just cool archetypes. Being able to squeeze more things out of combat feats is a really cool thing and wouldn't add too much mechanically as most of it is just "make this feat better by spending X points from your pool". The combat stamina could honestly replace the pool with an X per rest type of ability because the pool doesn't get very big and most combat feats have high pool costs.
    I know! Start swinging! Eventually you'll lop off the head of someone important and then the good fights will REALLY start!
    -- Lilarcor

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast