Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nortar View Post
    I did, somewhere on page 8 or 9.
    And, just like you, I also find BK's post to be rather offensive and pointed at me.

One cannot just walk into a dwarven tavern, say they absolutely despise anyone who has beard and enjoys beer; and honestly believe they did not insult anyone personally.
    Except what I said was not aimed at a specific race or ethnicity or anyone who enjoys beer and beards, but at people, who would refuse to play a game because it includes LGBTQ characters. As in, bigots.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    Except what I said was not aimed at a specific race or ethnicity or anyone who enjoys beer and beards, but at people, who would refuse to play a game because it includes LGBTQ characters. As in, bigots.
    Really BK?

You can't just say that!

It offends those bigots!
    ______

I don't know if I will romance any of the NPC's. It will depend on the character I play and the way the story moves.

Incidental: because this is an RPG with Pathfinder's / D&D's alignment system: I hope that our characters alignment and the alignment of the NPC make certain romance options available or not available. But that would mean so many lines of dialogue have to be written.

Related: I know that your kingdom will have an alignment depending on your characters choices, yet I still can't picture how a Chaotic Kingdom would be able to function. I'll have to read up on the Inner Sea World Guide and Campaign Setting book again, to get an idea.
    ______

On the Topic of things ruining Computer-RPG's: Yeah, streamlining things to a certain degree.

This is quickly turning into a running-gag. :P

I'm guessing (as in, I do not actually know) that certain cross-alignment relationships would at least be very difficult to achieve. From what I've read about the characters, some of them may leave or straight up betray you depending on your actions and choices. Surely, this has to be tied to alignment in some way, right? For instance, if I choose to just murder my way across the Stolen Lands and be an absolute dickbag, then potential good-aligned NPCs probably wouldn't like me very much. And once somebody hates you, bumping uglies is usually off the table.

Streamlining ruined Diablo 3 for me. I'm happy for everyone who enjoys it, but this game is so simple and requires so little thinking or character planning or anything even remotely related to an RPG, I caught myself drifting off to sleep for a few seconds on numerous occasions while clearing nephalem rifts. Granted, it's an ARPG, so it doesn't have to offer massive amounts of depth and complexity and lots of people enjoy the game, but it's just too simple and monotonous for me.

Things you feel are ruining (c)RPG's: running-gags :p

But seriously, while they may be fine for the first couple of playthroughts. After the 42th game completion or so it becomes pure torture to hear the same jokes over. And over. And over. And over. And over. AnD OvEr. aNd oVeR. ANd ovER. AAAANNNNNDDDD OOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR~~! RAAAARHG!!

Worse still is if they are part of fully voiced, non-skippable video clips. *urgh*

-_- '

You always were the big kidder, Winthrop! :P

Unskippable videos and cutscenes should be illegal. There's only one thing that annoys me more: tons upon tons of unskippable dev and designer logos whenever you launch a game. Because god forbid if anyone forgets a game was made by Ubisoft or is meant to be played with Nvidia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nortar View Post
    I did, somewhere on page 8 or 9.
    And, just like you, I also find BK's post to be rather offensive and pointed at me.

One cannot just walk into a dwarven tavern, say they absolutely despise anyone who has beard and enjoys beer; and honestly believe they did not insult anyone personally.

I hoped to not post in this thread again, considering what is has turned into, but I just have to say that I, for one, share your opinion.
    That is an analogy worth reading twice, friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    You spend three sentences describing the bitter, narrow-minded and hateful bigots. And then you went on to say that the people who cater to these bigots, people who dare to suggest that the inclusion of romances should be reconsidered, are hardly tolerable without your happy pills.

Mate, you offended Nortar, me and who knows how many people who read this comment including possibly some owlcats.

You either learn to adapt fast, or be a burden to this project.

My criteria for hiring a community manager include that he or she is capable of growing a community, not making posters feel unwelcome.
    Last edited by Quantomas; 08-07-2017 at 04:43 PM.
    [I]BUILDER OF THE GREAT ARK[/I]

Right, I think this has been going on long enough and there is no more constructive discussion going on here.

Couple things, Quantomas. Mate!
    Please, do me a favour, go to the Paizo forums and tell them that they should remove all homosexual, bisexual and transgender characters from Pathfinder in order to make it a bigger success. You know, the way you suggested it for our game. While you're at it, please be sure to repeat the following things, and I'll quote you:

Bisexuality is a sociological phenomenon because it is a behaviour. As such it is mostly dependent on sociological factors like population density, living conditions, processed foods, consumerism, stress, education and mass communication.
    And let's not forget this gem:
    My point about Pathfinder: Kingmaker is if you cannot do romances without tackling social problems, you are better off not including these in the game at all. I trust an experienced writer like Chris Avellone who can handle any issues properly and write characters however he sees fit, but beyond that there is little gain for Pathfinder: Kingmaker from including characters that are possibly dividing the audience. That goes for the entire spectrum of characters, racist, genocidal, misogynistic, you name it.
    The LGBTQ community absolutely loves to be thrown into one pot with racists and mass-murderers!

Let me know how that goes down, will ya?

And yes, I am deeply sorry that, entirely by accident, I may have made it sound like I was upset and frustrated with your attitude. Clearly, you are the one, who is being attacked and bullied and you're a victim here. You have every right to feel offended.

As for the topic at hand:

Same-sex relationships will be in the game, their removal is not up for discussion and will not be considered. Feel free to check interviews like this one for our stance on the subject.

If you are feeling triggered by the fact that I refer to people, who would refuse to play a videogame based solely on the fact it includes LGBTQ characters as bigots, feel free to take it to PM, but discussion about how much you hate me as a community manager does not belong here. Furthermore, I find the very idea to remove LGBTQ characters for the sole purpose of appealing to bigots cowardly and offensive. And if this genuinely, personally offends you, then you may want to take a long, hard look at yourself and ask why that is. If you don't enjoy an inclusive setting, then maybe Golarion isn't the right world and maybe this one isn't the right community for you. Funny how I am the one, who's being accused of making certain parts of the community feel unwelcome. End of discussion; locking.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526