Page 2 of 321 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieszka View Post
    Yeah so I can confirm you get dialogue saying that you ask Tristian about his part and he gets red (blushes)

And 2nd dialogue (which he initiates) after camp rest in 1st chapter where he thanks for saving him gives you few healing options and you can choose that you want to get closer to him. TO which he says "Ah as friends!" and you can either choose yes as friends or that is now what I have ment. I did not saw any kissing option that you mentioned about.

Also if you choose THat you meant something else he makes crooked smile.... so no idea about that!

After that I had none romance dialogues with Tristian untill V-guy tomb... no idea what is after.
    I got a 3rd one while in chapter 2 after resting on one of the maps while he was with me that let you try to kiss him or say you want to get to know him better as two of the possible options(I can’t recall the others). I chose the latter and he said we’ll talk later so I guess I’ll eventually see if that goes anywhere.

I just had the aforementioned Tristian romance dialogue where he asks about your intentions and you can (after declaring a romantic interest in him) attempt to kiss him (which is definitely coming on too strong for poor Tris) or tell him you find his innocence endearing. It triggered for me after finishing Troll Troubles and resting for the first time afterwards. I also had a few specific reactions along the way, because I got sidetracked by tons of sidequests, where it is indicated that Tristian strongly agreed with and/or was thankful for my Baroness' choices. Maybe it is somehow tied to that as well? For the record: I did not tell him I wanted to be closer in the first dialogue, just thanked him for the supplies. I did tell him that I was glad to meet him/that I have never met someone like him, which led to the first blushing reply and him returning the sentiment. I also told him that I hope he's going to stay, which got me the second blushing response. And now the after-rest romance dialogue that got initiated right on the Troll Troubles map, though I'm sure that's not a requirement.

@Kaazmiin did you finish all quests under troll trouble journal even the one with visiting nymph? Also my question do you have Kingdom management on autopilot or are you managing it yourself?

Yep, that's the one I'm referring to. I had that conversation after 1st rest after defeating trolls.

Here's the screenshot:

(link is this: https://imgur.com/2C0N8iQ.jpg)

I tried out kiss option but he didn't react well at all, so decided the less forceful option :P

And here's the screenshot of what I perceived as first romance dialogue:

(also, link here https://imgur.com/qoTPZ8c.jpg)

I also wonder if there are any alignment restriction (or even racial?) I decided to roll a neutral good character since it seem to fit best to romance Tristian. Also, do make sure you travel with him all the time :P
    Last edited by purpleblob; 10-02-2018 at 12:26 AM. Reason: typo

Problem is I had Tristian with me all the time i was also playing neutral good druid but that dialogue after defeating trolls never happened for me.

I only just finished the Troll Trouble quest so I'm not that far into the game yet, but I'm getting the feeling that romance dialogue is strongly tied to camping, as Tristian in 3 out of 4 dialogues approached my character after we camped somewhere on a quest map.

Are you usually camping inside the travel map, Pieszka, or inside the "proper" world where companions also have banter?

These are the romantic (or slightly romantic) dialogues with Tristian I have had so far:

1) Picked him up at the Temple of the Elk, and he joined my team right away because I was early enough to recruit him.

2) During exhausting his regular companion dialogue after joining, I could already express some interest in Tristian and he also let slip that the interest is (kinda) mutual before turning red and blushing and steering the conversation in a different direction.

3) First romantic banter after camping, still in Act 1. Tristian hands me some healing potions to thank me for his rescue. There, you have the choice to thank him as a friend or tell him you'd like to get to know him better. I chose the 'like to get to know him better' option, and not just as friends.

4) Second romantic banter after camping, now Act 2. Troll Trouble not yet finished. Tristian admits that he is confused about our last talk, about 'getting to know him better' and what that means. This is the dialogue where he admits he has no real idea about and/or experience with romantic love, and you can either try to kiss him or express your interest in a little less 'aggressive' way. I chose the less 'aggressive' way because I didn't want to come on to him too strongly. ;)

5) Third romantic banter after camping, still Act 2 and Troll Trouble not yet finished, but Dwarwen Fortress location has already been revealed. This banter is more of an actual conversation between your character and Tristian and not really romantic in nature, but the romance music played in the background so I am counting it, too. Tristian asks me how I make all my decisions, with my head or my heart. I said with my heart, and then he steps close as if he wants to hug or touch you, but then stops himself (so there is a bit of romance here, too :p).

6) This was an actual part of a quest conversation, and I have no screenshots but I think it happened during the assault on the Troll stronghold. I cannot remember the exact wording, but Tristian chimed up in one of the dialogues and made a comment to which my character could reply with some sort of "romantic love is a good thing" dialogue, among other things. I chose that options because it sounded to me like it was an option to convince Tristian that there is indeed something good and rewarding about being in love, and after pondering my reply he reacted positively to that.

These are all the interactions I have had so far.

I seem to remember that devs posted that romances are written for specific genders (female only in Tristians case), but that even evil characters would be able to romance the good ones so I don't think a fitting alignment is necessary to make it work?

My lass is also NG and Tristian usually loves how she handles things, but I hope it's more closely related to traveling time together and quest progression?

That still doesn't explain why Pieszka didn't get these dialogue options, though. :l
    Last edited by Moonshadow_n7; 10-02-2018 at 06:29 AM.

Aha, I didn't get to keep Tristian in first chapter, presumably I got to temple too late (he was severely injured and had to spend rest of the chapter in bed at Oleg's to recover). I did get dialogue of Tristian handing me potions in chapter 2 instead because of that.

Just got my third romantic dialogue from Tristian (Moonshadow's 5th convo), screenshot as below :)

https://imgur.com/oIiDRA2.jpg

Hey Moonshadow_n7 thanks for information :)

Well I restarted yesterday to just check first few dialogues with him. And I can confirm as follows:

1.) You get a dialogue (which Tristian starts after resting at camp at zone location not map) it is the one you mentioned. He thanks for saving him etc. And I have choosen I would like to know you better. And than when he said as a friends I have chosen as "friends". Maybe that is why I did not seen any romantic dialogues with him in chapter 2?

2.) As for the two dialogues in which he blushes that you get while just talking to him in resting zone, about his past etc. I had those two blushing options I can confirm that.

3.) After that no romantic dialogues from him. He like nodded, agreed and was happy with my decision with quest I have played neutral good character. he seemed happy with my decision but in dialogues there none romantic hints from him. Maybe I have cut off any future romance with him because I have chosen that stupid dialogue option in 1st Like friends?

Alas I was mostly camping on world map but I also had a few times camped in zone map. No dialogues trigered in later chapters from him. So no idea. If Ihad a bug / have a bug? Or was romance blocked because of "Like
    friends" option.

EDIT: Hey purpleblob I can confirm that I had not seen that dialogues in my 1st gameplay.
    Last edited by Pieszka; 10-02-2018 at 06:45 AM.

I think the conversation triggers when you rest in local map, rather than world map :( I deliberately do it once a while to hear what companions talk about. Maybe that's the cause? Because as moonshadow said, it seems like most romance dialogues trigger after a rest.

Well I will try in my next playthrough do that more often but it is weird. I would understand if I would rest only in world map. But I also made camp few times in zones. So no idea what is wrong.

Page 2 of 321 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast