Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do I beat that paladin Fredero when his AC is 28 and Valerie's TAB is +7?

She can literally only hit him with a nat 20. I'm basically watching her swing at air for several minutes while he whittles away at her health. And when she DOES finally hit him, he heals himself.

EDIT: Does he level up as she does?
    Last edited by lokiwolf; 09-29-2018 at 12:51 AM.

Nevermind... you changed your question...
    Last edited by Greybishop; 09-29-2018 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lokiwolf View Post
    And when she DOES finally hit him, he heals himself.

EDIT: Does he level up as she does?
    The heal is an ability Pallies have, they can lay on hands themselves as a swift action, allowing themselves their full attacks.

I'm familiar with Lay on Hands. Knowing what it is doesn't change the fact that he uses it to heal himself. I appreciate the effort, though...

But yeah, after losing to him intentionally, I felt very unsatisfied with the outcome. So, I was going to wait until Valerie could actually fight competently.
    Last edited by lokiwolf; 09-29-2018 at 01:21 AM.

Who says your supposed to win? Specially this low level.

I went into it at level 6, piled all my buffs into Val and turned the difficulty right down. Only way I could beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Amardarial View Post
    Who says your supposed to win? Specially this low level.
    That is what I told him before he changed his question. He first asked if he was supposed to win or not, if the outcome mattered.
    Spoiler:

ac 33 (+1 full plate, +1 tower shield, +2 nac neck, +2 prot ring <would have gotten her more ac feats if I knew this was coming but she has team feats instead), then +1 flaming bastard sword and drank a heroism potion, a bull str potion (this ran out but i got enough hits in to wreck the doods LoH pool), and swung away. still almost lost but once his LoH is gone he only has 30-40 hp left (he used 8 LoH which gave me roughly 125-150 hp)

AC 28 doesn't seem that high. My Valerie has far more at level 4 or 5: +1 Adamantine Full Plate (10), +1 Tower shield (5), +2 natural armor + 2 deflection armor, Armor Focus (1), Shield Focus (1), Dodge (1), +2 Dex modifier (armor training rocks), fight defensively with 3 points in mobility (3) = 37

If I need more damage I switch out fight defensively with power attack, but that still leaves Valerie AC 34

At lvl 4-5 the only way you have adamantine armor is if you used all your gold to buy it, which means no consumable and rest of the party completely useless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast