Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Heh. When I saw this, Valerie's AC was in the 30s, so they just bashed away at one another, relying on natural 20s to connect. I think I got up and went to the kitchen while they swung wildly for what seemed like ever...

By buffing the stuffing out of her before and chugging healing and other potions a go-go.

My Val was on her best way to become a Eldritch Knight, so she did much of the buffing herself^^
    Also, if you have leveled her Use Magical Item, you can use wands with touch attack spells, just be ready for that attack of opportunity. (no problem thanks to the before hand buffing ;) )
    Last edited by Nemoralis; 10-07-2018 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amardarial View Post
    Who says your supposed to win? Specially this low level.
    ^^^^^
    This.

Hm... does the difficulty of this fight scale with level or with difficulty setting?

In my fight Stefano used Sunder Armor a lot and therefor rendered my AC of 37 pretty useless.
    Having Mage Armor as Buff proved useful and fighting defensively helped against sunder and not being hit with every attack.
    Overall it was a tough fight to win. Val got really thirsty for healing potions - I consumed at least 20 serious wound potions.

Sorry to bump this, but I'm actually doing well in the fight (thought it's taking an eternity as he can't hit her and vice versa) but he's used Lay on Hands (self) 13 times so far, I'm keeping count. Bug?

Sunder Armor is what makes this encounter tough. But honestly, I feel storywise it's a more satisfying outcome if she loses, especially after acting like a petulant teenager. As Valerie's story unfolds (spoilerish alert):

Spoiler:
    Last edited by AlexDumas; 03-10-2019 at 07:41 PM.

I did the encounter when was she was 7-8ish. very very tough fight.

stock her on buff potions (heroism, blur, bull strenght, displacement if you have one), make your priest do all buffs he can. Haste expires during conversation so it's useless. If you invested in magic device skill (which probably not), you could always give her a haste and a slow scroll but you should be at least +10 magic device for that tactic to work out or else you'll eat too many scroll failure and attack of opportunity.

stock her on moderate cure potion (serious cure if you have the money). Since he abuse his LOH, I figured it would be fair fight to abuse health potion. Fight defensively is a bad idea since you'll get a hit on your accuracy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12