Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

DONT change how hard the game is!!!!

Read the new patch notes, changing settings is fine, but leave core game alone!!! Best part about this game is its actually challenging! At no point before level 7 or so should the game be easy, low levels suck for a reason, you are weak, this is normal!

Everything currently IG can be countered by IG effects, even Scare during the Tutorial!, and the wolves you fight, never even came close to dying to those, not in any of the 20+ games I've run. (Beta player here).

yes change it, as in make more difficulty settings. not to be rude but i dislike anyone that demands the game be a certain way because they want it like that. I think every game can be as hard or easy as they wish. and having 40 hours in already I can easily say that you are NOT doing this on the highest difficulty level. those wererats are brutal on easy, cant imagine then on unforgivable....

Quote Originally Posted by 1857830464250448@facebook View Post
    yes change it, as in make more difficulty settings. not to be rude but i dislike anyone that demands the game be a certain way because they want it like that. I think every game can be as hard or easy as they wish. and having 40 hours in already I can easily say that you are NOT doing this on the highest difficulty level. those wererats are brutal on easy, cant imagine then on unforgivable....
    I stated settings are fine, let people adjust IG to them, just leave the CORE game alone so people who like it hard, can continue enjoying it.

No reason we can't all win.

Also the Wererats are a high level encounter, they are not supposed to be easy.

Games should be balanced. Small difficulty spikes and variations are fine but making stuff like owlbears that are harder than the Stag Lord is just crazy...

Owlbears are not harder then the Stag Lord, only one that comes close is a boss encounter, and there are no spikes. Just underleveled or undergeared or poorly built characters.

There are a ton of different options for difficulty, I'm not understanding why people are having such a hard time with this. Turn the damage done to you by monsters down, or make monsters a little less difficult. Once you get to know the game systems better you'll likely turn it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by SkavenHaven View Post
    Games should be balanced. Small difficulty spikes and variations are fine but making stuff like owlbears that are harder than the Stag Lord is just crazy...
    You know, there ARE options. Sure you can just rush in and try to fight against everyone. OR you can be smart, study area, release, lock or even kill at cage that Owlbear before fight. Same with many of his minions. It is supposed to be near impossible fight if you just go in and try to fight it. But choice is yours.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Agree with u enemie scaling will lead to a static world .

I don't mind that it's difficult but it has several points where it crosses from difficult to unfair, either because an enemy is vastly harder than everything else in the area and there's no warning of that, the game drops a boss-level encounter on you with zero warning and no chance to escape, or you can reach the challenge through regular gameplay far before you're able to reasonably fight it. Those are the points that need to be addressed, and are the source of much difficulty and hair-pulling. There are many players who like a good hard fight where you need to think your way through it, but only true masochists like a game that just decides to kill you straight up for not being psychic. There's a name for when a tabletop DM does that, and it's 'Rocks fall, everyone dies.' And the fact there are so many instances of this in the first act on the baseline difficulty, the one meant for people unfamiliar with Pathfinder mechanics, is why there are so many complaints about it. They don't feel like fair fights so much as 'Gotcha!' moments.

As for the specific instance of the owlbear in the Stag Lord's keep, you have options to deal with him. Stealth up to the gate when the patrolling bandit has his back turned (he may see you anyway) and you'll get a fun menu full of horrible things to do.
    Last edited by BobTheBard; 09-29-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast