Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyaran View Post
    That is just plain and simply wrong. They start attacking the nearest character but they switch to casters. Maybe i play a different game.
    I rarely see mobs switch targets. SOME do, like the ... erm, I don't remember the name of them offhand, but the fey panthers/lions that can dimension door around. I've seen them jump to the backline and start eating my casters/archers.

I had to reload a fight once because although I moved Val in to tank initially, 3 mobs turned to my MC and crit him for his full HP.
    I had to reload that fight at least 7 times because they did the EXACT same thing seven times in a row. It was a giant cyclops, 3 other melee were in range, MC didn't pull. But by god he got one-shot by a crit in the second round again and again.

The AI is weird. Sometimes its predictable and sometimes it send an Archer sprinting through the corridors of a house to go pull 3 other groups and drag them back to you.

The AI depends on the enemy you face. Most monsters just attack the closes thing available, while humanoids more often change target, use control abilities etc. Just my experience.

BTW, those owlbears are just little cubs compared to those who live near the Witch Hut.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaran View Post
    That is just plain and simply wrong. They start attacking the nearest character but they switch to casters. Maybe i play a different game.
    You are absolutely playing a different game then as monsters never EVER react to your party formation or the tactics you employ or attack your second lines (casters and ranged). They just attack the closest enemy with a pre-defined ability rotation. Stating otherwise is just a plain lie as multiple youtube videos already have pointed this out and proved the lack of any AI in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ghilteras@gmail.com View Post
    You are absolutely playing a different game then as monsters never EVER react to your party formation or the tactics you employ or attack your second lines (casters and ranged). They just attack the closest enemy with a pre-defined ability rotation. Stating otherwise is just a plain lie as multiple youtube videos already have pointed this out and proved the lack of any AI in the game.
    So it happend to me in my game. You tell me i am a lier? And as you can read in this thread it happend to other players, too. They are liers as well? Well, ok. I know it happend in my game and i am fine with it. You may argue the AI is not the best, that's ok. But call others liers because of some videos is simple stupid, but that's your problem, not mine.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    I must be a liar as well, it happened several times, mostly with humanoid foes, but sometimes also with monsters. They switch from my tank to either Amiri (also a melee character) or sometimes to my archers or casters.
    The first encounter with the Technic League, that I just redid, is a perfect example. The two swordsmen ALWAYS switched from Valery to Linzi after a few rounds. The Archer would target my character (Eldritch archer) or Linzi at once.

On some ambushes from random bandits or monsters, I have been attacked from behind (but that is scripted into the encounter that they appear from behind, so that doesn't count as AI)

I have also had enemies clearly shift tactics while playing. The enemy AI is certainly not robust, but I have had archers switch to firing at my back lines as well as seen enemy Clerics begin spamming Channel Negative Energy once I closed to melee with them - among other things.

Guess I'm a liar, too. *stares dryly at camera*

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Or maybe, MAYBE, Ghilteras is so obsessed with the problems he's had that he's not as objective and factual as he thinks he is.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    Or maybe, MAYBE, Ghilteras is so obsessed with the problems he's had that he's not as objective and factual as he thinks he is.

Just saying.
    Woah! That's a thing?!? XD

I encountered Dweomer Cats which all of a sudden targeted Octavia instead of targeting the parties tank. And guess what. Octavia wasn’t in the front line.

Sometime later I encountered hell hounds which, after most of the party was finished and lying on the ground, moved away from the last remaining party member and started finishing off the unconscious characters.

Guess I got the nasty edition of the game. ^^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast