Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Noob View Post
    Please stay off my side.
    I wish we had merits, because I would totally give you one for that!

Please stay off my side.
    This isn't about sides, or right/wrong, or even what we want.

It's about what is mechanically possible in this kind of game.

There is a lot of reasons why we don't get a lot of 3.5 rule set based CRPG's, and balance is a BIG one. Ruleset just doesn't lend itself well to how a CRPG is played.

Wish this wasn't the case, I'd love for a pure PnP style game, with all the skills, backgrounds, etc we'd typically get.

Just won't happen, least not any time soon, computers need a fairly significant upgrade to handle how a true PnP rule set would play out.

As far as the company changing things to make it easier, doing so through settings is fine, and optimal.

Changing the core game itself to make it easier, sure pleases the vocal minority, but loses them way more sales long wrong. Vocal Minority are just that, for good or ill.

but if everyone wants me as the Villain, that's also fine, I'm almost always LE in these games anyways :)

Quote Originally Posted by Amardarial View Post
    It's pretty much about what we want.

Lots of stuff is mechanically possible. Less is mechanically successful; No argument is completely successful while also intentionally being a dick. Consider not being a dick. Then make an argument.

I'm not being a dick at all.

I'm not being a dick at all.
    Lil bit. Keep this in mind as coming from someone who is ostensibly sympathetic to your viewpoint.

Be less of a dick. Make better arguments.

Lil bit. Keep this in mind as coming from someone who is ostensibly sympathetic to your viewpoint.

Be less of a dick. Make better arguments.
    Well I'll rephrase, not trying to be a dick. Not my intent.

There is a lot of reasons why we don't get a lot of 3.5 rule set based CRPG's, and balance is a BIG one. Ruleset just doesn't lend itself well to how a CRPG is played.

Wish this wasn't the case, I'd love for a pure PnP style game, with all the skills, backgrounds, etc we'd typically get.

Just won't happen, least not any time soon, computers need a fairly significant upgrade to handle how a true PnP rule set would play out.

As far as the company changing things to make it easier, doing so through settings is fine, and optimal.

Changing the core game itself to make it easier, sure pleases the vocal minority, but loses them way more sales long wrong. Vocal Minority are just that, for good or ill.

but if everyone wants me as the Villain, that's also fine, I'm almost always LE in these games anyways :)
    Yeah we did https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Te...l_(video_game)

15 years ago and still a better adaptation than any game today. Some thing are impossible to adapt but many of the differences between pathfinder pnp and the videogame are due to choices made to make the game accesible to a more casual audiance. This is not a complain, just the way things are.
    Other problems are due to time and money constrains. I only played a bit but most solutions involve "kill them", Divinity: OS was more successful giving the player options to solve different problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
    I only played a bit but most solutions involve "kill them", Divinity: OS was more successful giving the player options to solve different problems.
    On this point I have to disagree. I'm somewhere between Act 2 and 3 right now, but while 'Kill them' is always a valid solution I've had many chances to avoid violence if I chose to do so. Playing to my character's alignment (NG) I've gotten out of plenty of confrontations by being peaceful, including some that I'm reasonably sure I should have fought.

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheBard View Post
    On this point I have to disagree. I'm somewhere between Act 2 and 3 right now, but while 'Kill them' is always a valid solution I've had many chances to avoid violence if I chose to do so. Playing to my character's alignment (NG) I've gotten out of plenty of confrontations by being peaceful, including some that I'm reasonably sure I should have fought.
    Agreed, even "Evil" (LE) you have plenty of other options then "kill all what moves". There have been many times option to kill someone, but allso other options. It is what you choose to do. It is true that you (most likely) can not make this game through without killing anyone (well, maybe if you are summoner but still your party members / summons / companions and so on) will sooner or later kill someone. But there ARE many times option to do some other thing then just plain old "kill all what moves and even summon undead near pesants so that I can kill them too".
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheBard View Post
    I just started chapter 2 but so far there wasn't a single option to use anything but direct violence in the main quests (you could convince some of the stag lord people to join your side but that's it). No subterfuge or diplomacy, I'm glad if the rest of the game is different. I haven't seen any clever way to use spells like divinity has, although that may be my fault if they exists and I haven't found them.
    Last edited by Aldaron; 10-02-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast