Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Respec

Adding to the Camping cooking in dungeons option:

Someone in the gog forum mentioned that using food in dungeon (cooking) would attract monsters so maybe thats why you can't, but I say that would make the feature even better.
    Do you want to take the chance of cooking a meal and attracting a creature while low on health and spells, or do you actually want to cook a meal just to attract a random encounter

Definitely really want a respec option.

I'm familiar with the basics of classes and simple facets of combat, dice rolls et cetera from playing NWN and Baldur's gate as a youth (with only half-comprehension at the time), but I certainly don't understand most of the feats and detailed rolls or the nuances of classes, multiclassing and the progressions thereof with the quite significant effects that these can have.

As such, I do look back and really regret wasted feats and class selections and don't really want to reload 10 hours back or restart the game to optimise my choices with hindsight. I know sometimes there are roleplaying reasons with sticking with choices and I'm fine where that applies, but many choices are just down to lack of full understanding or comprehension of the vast rule-set and classes, and a way of re-speccing would be greatly appreciated.

At the end of the day, it could always have the option to be disabled in new game difficulty settings by those players who wouldn't want the temptation of abusing such a feature to min-max on the fly.

There's a mod that does that on Nexus.

Respec would be amazing. I've seen the mod but I'd prefer to have it "officially" be added into the game!

Sounds solid, I'm backing this idea.

I remember in the Beta threads we were slated to get this. I am guessing it is still in the works?

Just use the mod, with the latest version you can even completely respec your companions first level choices, heck, even race and alignment can be altered.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Some players don't want to use mods.

I guess some players don't actually want respec.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    True as well. Personally, I always try to edit my character in that kind of game, for better stats and for more money most of the time. But I prefer to keep NPCs the way they are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast