Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is set on Golarion(and the Feywild is the First World in this setting), and there is nothing in the adventure path to impair teleportation. In fact they mention its the best way to move at higher levels when not exploring hexes.

Speaking of faster movement, why can't we run in the rain?

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheBard View Post
    Speaking of faster movement, why can't we run in the rain?
    Because the ground gets water logged and soggy and muddy, making it difficult terrain. You youngins that only know wet streets and pavements wouldn't know about that ;p

I guess that depends on where you live, then! The ground around here doesn't get very slippery or muddy in most places, but then again the soil is also notorious for its high clay content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tali View Post
    If I remember correctly, lorewise the feywild messed with non-permanent teleportation outside of vision range. Teleportation circles would still be nice additions between settlements.
    Not sure where this comes from, but doesn't sound like Golarion lore.

There really is a lot to be said for how much this game seems to want to simulate Pathfinder, and then flips the table on spellcasters for anything but combat.

It is, not ideal.

Phantom Steed would be useful, if nothing else. L4 Wiz / Bard for the communal version of the spell that, by the time CL is 14, has you moving 100'/turn for 1 hr/ level. Extend it as a L5 spell and that's 2 hr/CL. That's 4 hours of 3x the usual 30' character movement, flying, with almost no chance for random encounters.

You could also alter sending (L5 Cleric/Wiz spell) so that it allows you to open kingdom management mode when you are outside the barony.

But, yeah, some faster movement is required other than walking. This is 2018 after all.

I mean walking is fine. When you aren't in a world where people can teleport, turn into clouds, fly, summon magical mounts...

Then it just seems weird.

It doesn't help that NPCs love to teleport and open portals in your face constantly.

OMG yes! We've spent 50+ hours walking around. We got that mechanic. It's fantastic. Now let us teleport! Is the feature too hard to develop? Does it break some other mechanics? Does it make the game too easy? I know we were aiming for PC murder box for most encounters, but is letting our baron get back to town to deal with those 1 day only Kingdom events that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaX View Post
    I mean walking is fine. When you aren't in a world where people can teleport, turn into clouds, fly, summon magical mounts...

Then it just seems weird.

It doesn't help that NPCs love to teleport and open portals in your face constantly.
    Especially when your the king of an entire country and an active adventuring one. Teleport circles could add to your kingdom stats as it allows faster movement of forces/supplies. Teleport would massively change the worry about timed quests from can I afford to go back to settelment X to sell goods to lets see I can teleport to X and sell of this excess loot, then to Y and resume exploring from there. As it is the whole high level adventuring ruler of a kingdom travelling by shanks mare when his enemies are teleporting all over is baffling.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast