Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This game absolutely needs more counselors even in they are just generic boring ones. I would love to have the ability to assign my custom made companions as counselors who would choose to do things based on class/alignment. I get that having limited counselors with apposing alignments adds to the difficulty of the game and adds a bit of game play strategy but I don't find it fun or balanced. As a ruler I am going do whatever it takes to put someone on the council who fits my way of doing things. If the only other option is the guy who wants to murder everything and may or may not be a bit power hungry I'll give the job to the young peasant who once returned my lost bag of coins given the choices. For me this is the biggest issue with the game I have atm.
    Last edited by gavinbunn@aol.com; 10-06-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Just to note I was referring the the councilor position in particular since the game only assures you one person that can ever do the job and then later takes that person away.

But it DOES stand for all advisers really. We meet all sorts of wonky NPCs, let us hire some of them. Hell. let us hire terrible people from the neighboring courts for money. It's silly you can utterly lose one forever and never be able to replace them and thus never solve their issues when they come up.

We're supposedly a nation and in all the peoples of the land we had one dude that was physically capable of talking to peasants angry about a Brothel or whatever?

It makes no sense on any level. Why can Jhod not be a councilor? He's literally a dirt farming local priest that hangs out with regular people all day. But nope, he can't do it. But that corrupt noble? Sure. Insane person? Yep. Dude that looks like he's from another planet? He's great. But not Jhod.

Every position should have more options and in the worst case scenario we should be allowed to ram in someone to hold the seat and do the best they can. If I have no viable Generals then let me put in Linzi. It's better than nothing. Let me promote my Captain of the guard I have to walk past every freaking day that does nothing ever. Let me have that dude. Let me appoint the local barkeep to a position. Something.

All this and I still don't have a Magister. The project never fired for whatever reason, I assume I'll never get one which sucks.

Act 4 just falls apart right now. You have at least 2 major issues that aren't even bugs but are bizarre design choices that feel like bugs.

Anyway. I vented. The original position stands: We need more Advisers. Especially Councilors because of a specific thing that happens and there are only 3 of them and odds are very few people will have most of them because they're either sheer luck or an RP trap. "Oh you played to your alignment? You lose this position forever. Also you'll lose it like 35 hours from now. Have fun with that."

Quote Originally Posted by mgusta41@gmail.com View Post
    So, I have 65 hours in this game, and I came here to figure out how to attract someone to fill my empty Treasury councilor role... The answer can't be that I will NEVER find anyone to fill this role. Owlcat- you HAVE to fix this.

Till then, I'm DONE. Not starting over.
    Bartholomew is a treasurer/grand diplomat

The lack of folks for advisors is just so damn pants on head stupid. It cripples your kingdom for the sake of a 100% artificial problem.

There is -no one- else who can do these jobs? The Baron (or whatever) can't put his hands on the wheel on some of these tasks in spite of his or her skill set? There's no one from our past, we're just dropped new born at level one to wander around hoping these random folks will make decisions that bsst fit our kingdom? So much for bureaucratic integrity.

And the number of possible advisors who just seem awful (Jeathal, Harrim, Batholomew) this collection of goobers and oddballs can't be replaced with halfway stable folks?

Gah! ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by halcyon8705@gmail.com View Post
    The lack of folks for advisors is just so damn pants on head stupid. It cripples your kingdom for the sake of a 100% artificial problem.

There is -no one- else who can do these jobs? The Baron (or whatever) can't put his hands on the wheel on some of these tasks in spite of his or her skill set? There's no one from our past, we're just dropped new born at level one to wander around hoping these random folks will make decisions that bsst fit our kingdom? So much for bureaucratic integrity.

And the number of possible advisors who just seem awful (Jeathal, Harrim, Batholomew) this collection of goobers and oddballs can't be replaced with halfway stable folks?

Gah! ಠ_ಠ
    I'm having the opposite issue, i'm going lawful evil and seems i can't really find evil people. I had more then enough "good" or neutral advisors but i want evil ones

Add me to the growing number of people who need a larger and more varied list of counselors,

Heck, let the Pathfinder NPCs be councilors. That mechanic is already in place. And while you are at it, halve the GP cost for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zi Mishkal View Post
    Heck, let the Pathfinder NPCs be councilors. That mechanic is already in place. And while you are at it, halve the GP cost for them.
    Yes please!

I'm in chapter two, have gone 6 months into governance with no Treasurer. Since I have not met "Bartholemew" yet, I should have an option to plug some warm body into the role until I meet someone better. Give us some goobers with -2 stats to plug the holes until we can find someone better to replace them with. I'd have put a barkeeper or passing trader in the job warm the seat by now if I could have.

Very frustrating watching problems and opportunities fail monthly, and having the system abuse me by telling me I need to fill the position, and I didn't addess the problem.

It's horrible game design.

Quote Originally Posted by mgusta41@gmail.com View Post
    I'm in chapter two, have gone 6 months into governance with no Treasurer. Since I have not met "Bartholemew" yet, I should have an option to plug some warm body into the role until I meet someone better. Give us some goobers with -2 stats to plug the holes until we can find someone better to replace them with. I'd have put a barkeeper or passing trader in the job warm the seat by now if I could have.

Very frustrating watching problems and opportunities fail monthly, and having the system abuse me by telling me I need to fill the position, and I didn't addess the problem.

It's horrible game design.
    Did you pick up Jubilost in chapter 2 at the ford across skunk river? He’s a treasurer candidate and he is available as soon as you’ve gotten the quest about the trolls
    Last edited by Katchelina; 10-06-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Population (Regent) -> Valerie, Octavia
    Loyalty (Councilor) -> Tristian
    Military (General) -> Kassil, Regongar, Amiri
    Economy (Treasurer) -> Jubilost, Bartholomew
    Religion (High Priest) -> Harrim, Tristian, Jhod
    Foreign Affairs (Grand Diplomat)
    Stability (Warden)
    Magic (Magister)
    Culture (Curator) Linzi, Storyteller
    Espionage (Minister)

Spoiler:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast