Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What does the project 'Rebuild the temple of the elk' actually DO?!

Yes I know a new vendor appears at the temple, but the project text says 'Unlocks a special region upgrade. Prevents pillaging the temple' and I cannot build a special project when I finally claim the region and the 'Pillage the temple of the elk' project pops up the very next day, thus not being prevented at all.

Sounds like a bug. I am not far enough into the kingdom building process but it still sounds like a bug.

I have the same experience
    I assumed you needed to do it to unlock the region? but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by evelynstarshine View Post
    I have the same experience
    I assumed you needed to do it to unlock the region? but maybe not.
    No you need to level up community to rank 3, then you can claim the northern narlmarshes, but afterwards I get nothing

Yeah it didn't seem like it did much. I also still have a Project Card to pillage the temple, even after restoring it. Not sure if that's intended or not.

After rebuilding the temple there where new NPCs at the Temple of the Elk location. One of them is a trader which sells some scrolls and a unique magic ring (but I don't remember what it does ... it was something useless for my current party).

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    After rebuilding the temple there where new NPCs at the Temple of the Elk location. One of them is a trader which sells some scrolls and a unique magic ring (but I don't remember what it does ... it was something useless for my current party).
    I mentioned this in the OP, I know this, that is not what I want to know, what I want to know is what special region upgrade it is talking about and if the project is bugged because the ability to plunder the temple reappears afterwards

The Ring is Energy Source. Costs 7000 gp and allows characters that can channel energy to do so two more times a day.

You need to have a city to access regional updates (ater your coronation). You can make the area into a religion center, or a hunting ground. (Which is a 300 BP project with supposedly no effect at all)... so upgrade it for religion seems a better option.

Not sure if it's the same in the computer game version but in the tabletop campaign rebuilding the Temple of the Elk resulted in the pool in the center bestowing cure light wounds to anyone who drank from it so it's essentially unlimited healing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast