Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlebob86 View Post
    Pathfinder isn't a solo game :/
    Not the way you play it maybe.

Some of us take pride in doing things like this.

The base quests simply aren't designed for solo play.
    And this should not be requested for at least 2 months. Let them make the game stable before asking them to change base features.
    If you really want to try the game solo then good luck, but you're not going to finish. Can't do cRPG door puzzles with one character, can't kill the bloom flower with one character, can't bypass the Ancient Soul Eaters with one character... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    Not the way you play it maybe.

Some of us take pride in doing things like this.
    Well, I respect that you can take pride in whatever you want. Still, this is a party based game, so asking it to be solo-able falls into the same category as asking it to turn it into turn-based, or include a battle royale mode. This game is not made to work like that, and it was clearly marketed as such.

There are many-many more important things to do with the game than redesigning encounters to make 0,1% (maybe less) of the community happy. Like bugfixing, filling the season-pass with meaningfull DLC, adding a proper tutorial/explanation to kingdom mechanics etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Well, I respect that you can take pride in whatever you want. Still, this is a party based game, so asking it to be solo-able falls into the same category as asking it to turn it into turn-based, or include a battle royale mode. This game is not made to work like that, and it was clearly marketed as such.

There are many-many more important things to do with the game than redesigning encounters to make 0,1% (maybe less) of the community happy. Like bugfixing, filling the season-pass with meaningfull DLC, adding a proper tutorial/explanation to kingdom mechanics etc...
    Well, don't mix up issues. The game is already sufficiently solo-able to my liking. The original thread poster wants a 100% soloable game, which would require certain encounters/areas to be adjusted. And I agree that such changes can come down the line and are low priority for development.

Personally I'm okay with the current solo-ability of the game. You can do maybe 99% of the encounters/areas solo. That is enough for me. Having some companions for companion quests or special puzzle/story areas is okay.

The difficulty of the game does not need to be adjusted for solo play. The current difficulty is fine (and can be beaten solo). Much like Baldur's Gate and Storm of Zehyr could be beaten solo.

I know you can cheese encounters to be soloable with the right minmax build using the most broken parts of the PF system. I think my response was more targeted to the OP than to you.

The original issue seems to be that you have to carry around companions for whatever reason. (be it a specific quest or a puzzle... but is could have been balance too, if PF was balanced to start with) I find that complain a bit stange/non-issue in a game which is party based, and the story often revolving around your companions.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    In other words, the Original Poster has bought FIFA (soccer game, for those who don't know it) and asks the Devs to make it a Tennis game...

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    In other words, the Original Poster has bought FIFA (soccer game, for those who don't know it) and asks the Devs to make it a Tennis game...
    Not true.

OP asked to be allowed to play with 10 players on his team having gotten a red card. And for the most part it works, but then for corner kicks the game requires there to be a second player.

There is much harping on this being a party game. A party of one is still a party.

Yes i mean "only" the not soloable parts of the game like puzzles and such. As henri said it is 99% soloable and sure they should focus on bugfixing and other stuff it was something to remind for later.
    Last edited by Draxxil; 10-11-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    Not true.

OP asked to be allowed to play with 10 players on his team having gotten a red card.
    In soccer, if your team is reduced to under 7 players for any reason, you lose the game. Soccer is a team game.

You can play D&D or Pathfinder solo, I've done it many times. The DM makes some adjustments if necessary (or not, depending on what the player wants). You can't make those easily in a video game.
    If one wants to play a party-game solo, one can do it, but asking the devs to spend time, ressources and money into doing this is not the same thing, that's asking for a change of rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch Notes 1.07
    Solo completion for the "Other World" area was not supported. Resolution: fixed.
    I've not tested it, but it looks like the worst offender versus solo completion is fixed.

The other major solo dilemma area (Sepulcher of Forgotten Heroes) might be solo-able with certain summons/items if you prepare for it appropriately.

Possibly the game is 100% solo playable now (except for companion quests).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12