Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bartholomew

Bartholomew

So with 1.0.8b it's still not working. After you save him from the attacking trolls he mentions the whip. Now that I've got it there is no more.
    Anyone ever able to get that quest done?

No, picking up the whip finishes his quest and makes him disappear

Isn't he supposed to be one of the possible magic advisors?

I think he can be a treasurer. I've read that you must be really really nice to him and do his Troll experiment quest first, then you can recruit him prior to the whip quest.

It just seems weird to me that he tells me about the whip but won't wait around from me to actually deliver it. Oh well, not like I have saves from way back when I first met him.

A note on Barth -- even if you're mean to him in the Troll quest you can go back later and say you're super sorry and want his help advising. It's a Diplomacy check that, if passed, will make him an advisor regardless of how you treated him (unless there is a more extreme way to treat him; I just told him to stop doing what he was doing)

He can do Treasurer and whatever job the treasurer opens up (Sorry; can't recall) and I also found him instrumental to dealing with problems in Act 3, though clearly there's another path through that without him.

Chris Woods

Thanks, now there only remains the problem of him disappearing. Does he maybe reappear later on?

Is there some kind of indication when you can go back and persuade him? Or should I just try at random times?

I hope he wasn't important. He's one of the only NPCs Ive killed for being way too annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Woods View Post
    A note on Barth -- even if you're mean to him in the Troll quest you can go back later and say you're super sorry and want his help advising. It's a Diplomacy check that, if passed, will make him an advisor regardless of how you treated him (unless there is a more extreme way to treat him; I just told him to stop doing what he was doing)

He can do Treasurer and whatever job the treasurer opens up (Sorry; can't recall) and I also found him instrumental to dealing with problems in Act 3, though clearly there's another path through that without him.

Chris Woods
    That wasn't my experience. I forced him to stop his experiments but was super polite to him otherwise. I asked him to be my advisor, but no diplomacy checks were involved. He was very curt to me and clearly wanted nothing to do with me.

Bartholomew seems to have a very fragile quest line.

You must meet him early on, before dealing with the trolls.
    Complete his first quest of helping him examine the Branded Trolls.
    Later you'll get a quest to check on him. You must save him from the trolls.
    He'll give you a quest to retrieve his whip.
    When you find the whip (in Trobold) return to Barth immediately. Do not clear the dungeon first!
    You should be able to ask him to be your advisor now, then you can finish clearing out Trobold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast