Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Games are for everyone. There is nothing wrong with wanting representation. And no, most of us are not ‘put off’ by representations of other peoples’ perspectives.
    Seeing other perspectives is one of the reasons I love roleplaying games.

If you have a problem with the original post, leave the thread and move on. It’s not harming you in the slightest but your response was very rude. There is no good reason to comment just to put whole groups of people down.
    Last edited by Katchelina; 10-13-2018 at 06:20 PM.

I'm sorry you got offended by me asking a game-related question for this game on this forum.

The trigger for the initial technic slaver encounter isn't miss-able, to my knowledge. It will trigger while you're traveling in the same region as the temple of the elk.

If you never visit the slaver camp afterwards... I don't know what happens.

I don't think there was any intention to make it harder to romance Octavia or Roganar(sp), there character and backstory just necessitated a different introduction.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    I don't know if it's due to a bug or it's supposed to be missal, but I've read other people report missing Octavia&Regongar, or Jubilost. So it is presently possible.
    As someone else said, it is also possible to miss members who initially followed Tartuccio according to your choices as well, and it's not necessarily obvious.

This game does not hand you obvious answers as has been the trend more and more these last 15 years. You don't have all the time in the world, you cannot do everything, and you may miss some events, missions due to time constraints and choices.

This is done on purpose in my opinion.

That said, there probably are some unbalanced constraints and bugs that need reviewing and checking from the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Grim View Post
    I'm sorry you got offended by me asking a game-related question for this game on this forum.
    To be fair, you did not ask - you accused developers for favoritism of straight people, that was both rude and completely unfair. If anything it's the opposite: it's much easier to romance either Octavia or Regongar (they are open to it and you always know where you are with them) than Valeri or Tristian (you never sure if romance is actually there or you somehow shut it up already).

The possibility of missing the couple is also a news to me. You are sent to the fort in that area by some quest, so it looked to me as combat with TL is unavoidable. But you have your direction now. Considering the last chapters of the game are still bugged beyond any measure, it's a good time to restart the game and enjoy somewhat polished part of it.

I might have seen the encounter coming, and chose to avoid it, which I did frequently with the rando encounters in Act 1. Just found the Islet and there wasn't anything there :/

I don’t know if you can avoid this one once you find it. I’ve always had the events to get to Octavia and Regongar trigger while going north around the river to get to the temple of the elk or going through the center of the forested areas on the map.

OP misinformed non-player or player telling falsehoods?

You be the judge.

As for the topic at hand: Gosh, gee wiz.

Have a good day/evening.

So...its kind of like life? A chance encountered missed can result in a relationship missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchelina View Post
    I don’t know if you can avoid this one once you find it. I’ve always had the events to get to Octavia and Regongar trigger while going north around the river to get to the temple of the elk or going through the center of the forested areas on the map.
    You can't it's one of those "You encounter something on the road" events that can not be avoided.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast