Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Ughhh, so they basically added not only one, but two romanceable females (and you can romance them both). They could've tried to add a two normal companion male and female for everyone, but nooo, and someone now have 5 romance options, and someone have only one (where you sacrifice other companion because you wanted to romance for your character)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjonet View Post
    Ughhh, so they basically added not only one, but two romanceable females (and you can romance them both). They could've tried to add a two normal companion male and female for everyone, but nooo, and someone now have 5 romance options, and someone have only one (where you sacrifice other companion because you wanted to romance for your character)
    It clearly shows who was the main demographic, lesbian/bi women benefit from this but I doubt they were relevant to the decision. I would never wait a better M/M treatment from a russian developer tbh.

so you have to sacrifice Octavia to romance Regongar? That fucking sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark89 View Post
    It clearly shows who was the main demographic, lesbian/bi women benefit from this but I doubt they were relevant to the decision. I would never wait a better M/M treatment from a russian developer tbh.

so you have to sacrifice Octavia to romance Regongar? That fucking sucks.
    Haha. Dear Lord.

I don't think it's the case if you romance both.

So, let me get this straight*: if you play a heterosexual man you can romance Valerie or this new Tiefling and keep all your companions. If you play a lesbian, same deal with the Tiefling. But if you play a straight woman or a gay man and want to finish a romance, you have to sacrifice Amiri to keep Tristian or either Olivia or Regongar (depending on which you are not banging)?

... I am no longer sure if I actually want to start this game over again, even when it's less buggy. Ruining my save with bugs after sixty hours was bad enough but 'surprise! Your romance will actually kill one of your favourite companions!' is adding insult to injury.

*Pun entirely intended.

Well, I can confirm it isn't the case if your romance bugs out midgame, which happened in my game. At least they both survived, I guess.

Tbh, I found the entire endgame sequence badly written; not just Octavia and Regongar, but most of the other companions as well. The same trick is repeated for every companion, whether it actually fits their character or not. The only endings where I thought it made sense was Linzi (unhappy as it is, at least it's unique), Valerie and Harrim - because it fit their respective characters and beliefs.

But when you round the corner and realise it's yet another cutscene, involving a companion who wasn't even in your party for very long, then frankly it feels like you're playing a fantasy soap opera, and not an rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraste View Post
    So, let me get this straight*: if you play a heterosexual man you can romance Valerie or this new Tiefling and keep all your companions. If you play a lesbian, same deal with the Tiefling. But if you play a straight woman or a gay man and want to finish a romance, you have to sacrifice Amiri to keep Tristian or either Olivia or Regongar (depending on which you are not banging)?

... I am no longer sure if I actually want to start this game over again, even when it's less buggy. Ruining my save with bugs after sixty hours was bad enough but 'surprise! Your romance will actually kill one of your favourite companions!' is adding insult to injury.

*Pun entirely intended.
    No. If you finish all the companion quests you can keep everyone depending on your alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    No. If you finish all the companion quests you can keep everyone depending on your alignment.
    I though that it was impossible to succed both Amiri quest and Tristan quest after the bug that allowed it was corrected. Am I wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    Yes, it actually true. If you want romance Tristian, you fail Amiri's quest, and if you want romance only Regongar or Octavia the other will sacrifice themself for the one you romance.
    You can keep both Amiri and Tristian if you don't want to romance him, and both Regongar and Octavia if you romance them both or neither.
    Last edited by Arjonet; 12-19-2018 at 02:20 PM.

And now in 1.2 you can complete Amiri quest and romance Tristian, and now only gay men can't romance someone and save everyone.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast