Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    I'd trade you Tristian if I could, lol. I'm probably in the very small minority here, but I find the idea of romancing someone who lies to your face all the time just unappealing.

At the same time, the Octavia & Regongar set up is even worse, because it implies that any friendship that you might have with them doesn't matter, only the romance does. Which seems to be the general case in the game; you don't even get any additional camp dialogues outside of romances.

I wouldn't be so disappointed if they told about it before release and not give big interview about LGBT romances, then
    BOOM only one option (and I'm like it's okay)
    BOOM he is evil one (okay again I guess)
    BOOM he is already in straight relationship (okay you can broke them up they say)
    and finally BOOM and now Octavia is dead in the end because breaking them up is bad decision and you had to date them both or neither (optional threesome they said)
    So basically gay players like me who like to save everyone have zero options for romance when they had chance to add some more romances they added two female options (not considering that there was additional secret female option on release). But when it comes to male romances there suddenly not enough resources. It is very disappointing especially when devs say that they would love add more romances for everyone and that they game is for everyone but unless you want a romance with female companion, you are unlucky. Like if you added secret female romance in game so add male one in DLC not two more female romances "for everyone". Or at least have one option where you don't have to sacrifice a companion for romance.
    Last edited by Arjonet; 02-09-2019 at 10:04 PM.

*plays village people song in the background*

It's okay, to be gay, anywhere in the world, except in Russia.

Jokes appart, I recall reading somewhere that there were severe male homosexual stigmas in Russia. Expecting the same kind of oppeness from an american-licensed games as from a russian game means you're going to have a bad time. It's like expecting a loli romance from a western game when your reference is a japanese game (shots fired).

Now, now. I'm not comparing pedophilia to male homosexual relationships, I'm just saying that different cultures have their different stigmas. Not saying it's right nor am I defending their choices. I'm just saying it is what it is. Owlcat is not Bioware.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post
    *plays village people song in the background*

Jokes appart, I recall reading somewhere that there were severe male homosexual stigmas in Russia. Expecting the same kind of oppeness from an american-licensed games as from a russian game means you're going to have a bad time. It's like expecting a loli romance from a western game when your reference is a japanese game (shots fired).

Now, now. I'm not comparing pedophilia to male homosexual relationships, I'm just saying that different cultures have their different stigmas. Not saying it's right nor am I defending their choices. I'm just saying it is what it is. Owlcat is not Bioware.
    I am a gay guy living in Russia, so trust me, I know what it's like. (and I live in very small town, where homophobia is worse than in big cities) In my life I can only be gay in games and I really liked this game, but very dissapointed with this and honestly very depressed me. Having gay option and then showing in game that this was a wrong choice and that you are a bad person if you chose this is very badly done.And writers really think that they did good with this relationships. Better would be not do any same sex romance at all then doing it this way.
    Last edited by Arjonet; 02-11-2019 at 07:37 AM.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope it will get better for you guys (and gals).

At this point I'm hoping NPC mods will happen, just like in the Baldur's Gate series, or someone at least mods the Octavia/Reg ending. If I wasn't so computer illiterate I'd try it myself. :/

My choice for a new romance canditate would be Kesten (mainly because I really like his portrait, but he does have a nice character and an interesting backstory). Your character spends so much time in the throne room managing the kingdom, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjonet View Post
    I am a gay guy living in Russia, so trust me, I know what it's like. (and I live in very small town, where homophobia is worse than in big cities) In my life I can only be gay in games and I really liked this game, but very dissapointed with this and honestly very depressed me. Having gay option and then showing in game that this was a wrong choice and that you are a bad person if you chose this is very badly done.And writers really think that they did good with this relationships. Better would be not do any same sex romance at all then doing it this way.
    I am sorry that you have to live through such medieval stigmas at our days and age :( I know it might be expensive, but consider moving out of russia to live in another, more open country?

as for virtual life (video games), you might want to play Dragon Age Origins from Bioware, or if you like futurist sci-fi setting you could play Mass effect. Those are such big titles that I'm pretty sure you already played them, but if you didn't, I advice you to buy them ASAP. Mechanics are great, storry-telling is great, there are enough side-quests and substances to keep you busy without feeling like being sent to MMOrpg-like filler quest, and most of all for what you are searching, romance option for male homosexual. I think there is only few romance options, but they are greatly designed (even me being straight I explored one in Dragon Age origins out of curiosity.)

Hope this helps.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post
    I know you're joking, and I know this isn't the place to have a debate on the topic, but Russia is far from being the only country where Gay people have a hard time. I put this link in spoilers because it's slightly off-topic :

Even in countries where it is officially OK to be gay, it is often frowned upon and disapproved by some people or in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    I know you're joking, and I know this isn't the place to have a debate on the topic, but Russia is far from being the only country where Gay people have a hard time. I put this link in spoilers because it's slightly off-topic :

Even in countries where it is officially OK to be gay, it is often frowned upon and disapproved by some people or in some areas.
    I think in China it's even worse, but overall it's general homosexuality. In Russia I think it is only male homosexuality that it is regarded as wrong, whereas female homosexuality is considered less worse.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567