• Tristian

33 50.77%
  • Valerie

48 73.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who did you pick in your final team ?

Simple pool, out of curiosity.
    There are not enough Pool option to add "1~5 home made character".

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Level 8 party at the moment (mid-Chapter 2)
    MC is a generalist Elf Rogue, with some bow feats and some TWF Feats as well. She can deal some heavy sneaky damage and is mostly the Rogue and scout of the group.
    Valery as Tank. 39 AC in her best days at the moment. Usually goes first to get the aggro.
    Amiri as damage dealer (I have tried to improve on her AC so she is not as much a Glass Canon as she is meant to be, but is not as efficient as she could be either.
    Harrim as Cleric and secondary fighter in some tough melee fights. Otherwise, he just buffs the group, heals them if necessary and attacks with a Crossbow. The only problem with Harrim is his intelligence that prevents me from taking the Selective Channel Feat.
    Octavia as ranged damage dealer Wizard and secondary Rogue (kept her 1-level Rogue, of course, and chose the Accomplished Sneak Attacker to be able to get Arcane Trickster as soon as possible without sacrificing other casting levels)
    Regongar as third ranger attacker and comes in with touch attacks when necessary otherwise. Would die too quickly up front otherwise.

The rest I only use for their companion quests.

I multi-classed Tristian as a Sorcerer (forgot the Archetype, the one that uses Wisdom and get things like Entangle and Woodland Stride) and Mystic Theurge. Maybe I'll use him as a Healer later, but I doubt it.

At the beginning of Chapter 5, at level 13.

MC Paladin: Face, Front Line Damage Dealer (At.: 26, Dmg: 30-36) & Healer
    Valerie: Tank (AC 46), Front Line Damage Dealer (At: 21, Dmg: 20-29)
    Ekun: Scout & Ranged Damage Dealer (At: 19, Dmg: 19-39)
    Dog: Meat Shield, Cavalry, Damage Dealer
    Harrim: Tank, Healer, Front Line Damage Dealer (At: 20, Dmg: 18-28), Support & Battlefield Control
    Octavia: Rogue, Utility Caster, Support & Battlefield Control
    Linzi: Support, Battlefield Control & Healer, Skill Monkey

Right now (Mid Act 5) my main party has pretty consistently been:

Valerie: Main tank. It's what she's there for! Sometimes she even kills something.
    Amiri: Main melee DPS. Has enough health and DR to off-tank if required. Gets promoted to main tank if Jaethal is in the party.
    Linzi: Has the spare feats and talents to become a truly amazing pile of skills, and her bardsong buffs stack with everything.
    MC Sorcerer: Diplomonster, buffs, magic DPS. 'Hmm, I wonder how high I can get my Diplomacy score?' I think I can make DC40 checks on a 1.
    Tristian: Has enough spell slots to be a decent source of fire damage when he's not healing people with his huge number of Channels.
    Ekundayo: Main ranged DPS. Fun vs. spellcasters especially.
    Dog: Pretty amazing, really. The Trip is funny when it works, he's surprisingly durable, and he adds a massive amount to the party's carry weight. Pack-doggo!

I will swap to others for their personal quests, or in certain unique circumstances. The ones I find myself swapping most are:

Jubilost: Replaces Ekundayo. Massive damage output that doesn't care much about DR. Great for killing really hard targets. Could probably replace Ekun full time, but Dog is too awesome.
    Harrim: Replaces Tristian. Sometimes I need a really durable healer instead of a really good one.
    Jaethal: Replaces Valerie. Sometimes the best way to tank is to kill things before they hit you.

Notes on the others:
    Nok-Nok: His stats are great but I find him too slow. By the time he gets in position to do his thing Amiri and Ekun have probably killed half of everything.
    Regongar: He's just too fragile to be in the front line. I'd consider him more if I were hurting for damage, but I'm not.
    Octavia: I would use her a lot more if my MC weren't an arcane caster, but I find having two of them to be redundant. Acid Splash sneaks hurt a lot and hit a lot but Ekun generally out-damages her by virtue of attacking a lot more often.
    Last edited by BobTheBard; 10-18-2018 at 03:40 PM.

I assumed Jaethal would be in everyones and she's losing to Harrim even.

I have Amiri and Valerie on first line
    Nok-Nok and Jaethal on second
    Me (Cleric/Wizard) and Linzi at the rear with bows.

Nok Nok usually dies but I like him. Before him I was second row and Jubo was beside Linzi, which was a better party for fights but Nok Noks has better interjections in dialogue and is cooler.

Sometimes the party drops out Amiri and adds in Jubo as Jaethal fills her role without being as squishy and it gives an extra bow, but currently it's Amiri as her story is good so it should be her and Jubo is annoying when he speaks.

My emberkin alchemist(Buffs and bombs, back up healing)
    Tristian(Buffs/healer/divine full caster)
    Linzi(Buffs and Debuffs and the archer and back uo healing)
    Valerie(Basically the team’s shield with her AC)
    Amiri(main Melee damage dealer, especially after a few levels of vivisectionist. Sneak attack and mutagen are nice)
    Octavia(Traps/summons/arcane full caster)

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    Level 8 party at the moment (mid-Chapter 2)
    MC is a generalist Elf Rogue, with some bow feats and some TWF Feats as well. She can deal some heavy sneaky damage and is mostly the Rogue and scout of the group.
    Valery as Tank. 39 AC in her best days at the moment. Usually goes first to get the aggro.
    Amiri as damage dealer (I have tried to improve on her AC so she is not as much a Glass Canon as she is meant to be, but is not as efficient as she could be either.
    Harrim as Cleric and secondary fighter in some tough melee fights. Otherwise, he just buffs the group, heals them if necessary and attacks with a Crossbow. The only problem with Harrim is his intelligence that prevents me from taking the Selective Channel Feat.
    Octavia as ranged damage dealer Wizard and secondary Rogue (kept her 1-level Rogue, of course, and chose the Accomplished Sneak Attacker to be able to get Arcane Trickster as soon as possible without sacrificing other casting levels)
    Regongar as third ranger attacker and comes in with touch attacks when necessary otherwise. Would die too quickly up front otherwise.

The rest I only use for their companion quests.

I multi-classed Tristian as a Sorcerer (forgot the Archetype, the one that uses Wisdom and get things like Entangle and Woodland Stride) and Mystic Theurge. Maybe I'll use him as a Healer later, but I doubt it.
    Just a heads up, it's actually a 13 CHA that's required for Selective Channel. And somehow, when I got him high enough level, I was able to take this with him even though he doesn't qualify for it. He might have had a helmet with CHA on at that time, I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by evelynstarshine View Post
    Well, from a mechanical role, I can sort of understand it. I'll try to explain!

Jaethal occupies a weird niche because she's not someone with a clearly defined role. Valerie is obviously a tank, Amiri and Ekun are damage-dealers, Tristian and Harrim are healers, Linzi and Octavia are your buffer rogues, and Nok-Nok is a damage rogue. This leaves Regongar, Jubilost, and Jaethal in the position of not really excelling at anything. Regongar wants to be a front-liner but is too fragile, Jubilost is a ranged damage-dealer but his high damage has limited uses, and Jaethal is fairly self-contained but requires a good deal of extra micromanagement to keep healed. That leaves these three as being in the position of not really offering anything critical to the party. They're excellent reserve characters, though, and can make up for any holes left or redundancies you might need depending on your choice of main character.

As for why Nok-Nok is low, that's probably because you get him so late. By that time you probably have your party pretty well set up.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterXOne View Post
    Just a heads up, it's actually a 13 CHA that's required for Selective Channel. And somehow, when I got him high enough level, I was able to take this with him even though he doesn't qualify for it. He might have had a helmet with CHA on at that time, I can't remember.
    Right. Thanks for the correction. :)

Quote Originally Posted by evelynstarshine View Post
    Same as with Sorcerors, more spells per day, less choice in spells.
    Plus, she is less of a healer that Harrim. And it seems to be different now, but when I had both Harrim and her in the same team, his Channel (Heal) ability would hurt her,which was a pain.
    So, while she is more powerful than him as far as offense is concerned, the main feature of a Cleric is lacking in her.

In other words, Harrim a a sort of middle ground between the healer Tristian and the offensive Jaethal

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    Right. Thanks for the correction. :)

Same as with Sorcerors, more spells per day, less choice in spells.
    Plus, she is less of a healer that Harrim. And it seems to be different now, but when I had both Harrim and her in the same team, his Channel (Heal) ability would hurt her,which was a pain.
    So, while she is more powerful than him as far as offense is concerned, the main feature of a Cleric is lacking in her.

In other words, Harrim a a sort of middle ground between the healer Tristian and the offensive Jaethal
    Harrim needs selective channel in order to not hurt her

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast