Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone know the condiitons for claiming regions? (spoilers)

Several of the regions are hard to tell exactly what the conditions for claiming them are. Several others are obvious or have already been put on the forums in various threads, but unfortunately ATM I can't find them. So A) I figured put them all in one place, and B) I wanted to ask those who have gotten farther to help add some more conditions.

Shrike Hills / first area: (duh) defeat Stag Lord
    Outskirts: automatically available with start of barony

The rest are technically spoilers, even if just about everyone knows at least some of them... giving some space...

Grouping the ones we are confident on up top...

South Narlmarches: Clean out Troll Lair / Trobold
    Glenebon: Clear tomb of Armag (ty Sycophant)
    Silverstep: Deal with Dragon's Voice. (ty Evelyn)
    Kamelands: (probably) +5 Kingdom Rank 'quest' (ty Adam)
    Varnhold: Complete Varnhold Vanishing (automatic - no 2-week claim)
    North Narlmarches: Rank 3 in Military (ty Adam)

Dunsward: Complete Varnhold Vanishing (plus extra triggers, uncertain ATT)
    Tors of Levenies: Complete Varnhold Vanishing plus stat triggers, (probably culture+arcane 5+, ty TWS)
    Dire Narlmarches: (apparently) clear 'Abandoned Keep' / "Betrayer's Flight" questline (possibly also stat triggers, uncertain ATT)

Pitax: ??? (presumably includes/primarily deposing Irovetti, but that's quite a ways off for me yet)
    Thousand Voices: ???
    Last edited by FriarBob; 10-23-2018 at 05:15 PM. Reason: updated 4 answers/details from thread
    Don't bring a sword to a spellfight.

Kamelands seems to come up shortly after you make a trip to the lodge, or at least it did for me
    Glenebon came up right after dealing with the tomb of Armag

iirc I got silverstep before that undead lich.
    TBH never payed that much attention, but it felt that most regions unlock before the final fight/quest (south narl/varnhold/pitax? seems my exceptions so far)
    My first thought was time related, but your suggestion as one of the quest could be true as well.

I got the Kamelands immediately after completing the "Improve Kingdom Stat Rank 5 Times" quest.
    South Narlmarches became available after clearing Trobold.

Really curious about North Narlmarches, because it's making my realm funny shaped. I've fully explored the entire region and I've rebuilt the Temple of the Elk, even visited it later to talk to the pilgrims there.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaldo View Post
    iirc I got silverstep before that undead lich.
    TBH never payed that much attention, but it felt that most regions unlock before the final fight/quest (south narl/varnhold/pitax? seems my exceptions so far)
    My first thought was time related, but your suggestion as one of the quest could be true as well.
    Silverstep you get after killing the werewolf/voice of the dragon in silverstep village I think?

Shrike is the capital region, you get it automatically.

I'm very close to completing both of the hypothesized requirements for Silverstep, I'll report back which of them triggers the claim.

Results: You must deal with the Dragon's Voice (omitting any further details because spoilers).
    It might be that you must also kill the Cyclops because I had killed it before dealing with the Dragon's Voice.
    Last edited by chevalieradam2@gmail.com; 10-19-2018 at 10:06 PM.

I only did the dragons voice and get silverstep, in multiple play throughs.

Yeah I noticed a bit (lot) late that the Shrike Hills are the main region, somehow I missed seeing that on the screen the first few (hundred) times I loaded the map screen. Oops. I'm not surprised that it's the Dragon's Voice considering the other things that character says, but good to have it confirmed, thx evelyn.
    Last edited by FriarBob; 10-21-2018 at 12:24 AM.
    Don't bring a sword to a spellfight.

Quote Originally Posted by FriarBob View Post
    Dunsward: Complete Varnhold Vanishing (uncertain if any extra triggers)
    Tors of Levenies: Complete Varnhold Vanishing (uncertain if any extra triggers)
    there is some additional trigger, as I can't add any of the two to my kingdom, and I finished VV long ago.

I thought you needed to explore everything to unlock them but..
    Tors didnt unlock in my last game after exploring all of it and doing varnhold. So I really dont know, either its bugged or you have to do something kingdom level?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast