Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @Léorick

If you run out of camping rations, you can buy more at the merchant (there's a trader in one of the fog-modes) outside the house (where you originally entered the house).

...also buffing with freedom of movement is essential. And you need to prepare multiple remove blindness.

The fights in there were silly, but doable if you didn't get boned on your party members.

Freedom of Movement on everyone is basically required because you wont make the 525 saves against Paralysis you'll need. Next up is Remove Blindness. After that probably Break Enchantment and various Restorations.

Of course if you relied on actual Armor for defense... you're probably boned since literally all the attacks are Touch and probably only miss on a 1.

Really the bigger issue is stuff like the magic room where extradimensional mandragoras that don't actually exist attack you while you get frozen in place and drain all your stats.

Still the repeated CR22+ encounters was more than a bit much.

I imagine those fights would be a reasonable proposition, if the paralysis worked more like hold person - in other words the victim gets to roll to break paralysis each round.

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaX View Post
    ..Of course if you relied on actual Armor for defense... you're probably boned since literally all the attacks are Touch and probably only miss on a 1...
    That might have been one of my problems. Valeri went down like a sack of potatoes, with AC 50 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaX View Post
    ..Really the bigger issue is stuff like the magic room where extradimensional mandragoras that don't actually exist attack you while you get frozen in place and drain all your stats..
    They were fun too, yep.

Just started a new game and will see if i can finish that house on normal with less problems.

Pretty sure the whole House is designed for level 20, full party of six.

Quote Originally Posted by Amardarial View Post
    Pretty sure the whole House is designed for level 20, full party of six.
    Unfortunately I only have 5 dudes, level 15, and not my best guys (due to some bugs with the companion quests, etc). But I do think you're right.

I had to stop my first playthrough about 50% through the house. I took out the Worm that Walks and the Witch, untold numbers of ghost soldiers, nymphs, medusas and wild hunters. I was 16th level, lost Amiri to bugged quest (I seriously wanted to cry when I lost her and Linzi), but had more than enough PCs to make it through without her (I had mercs + Jubilost, Ekundaya, and Valerie). I cleared a lot of fights with only resting twice (one rest was just to re-set buffs once I had my "party" again)

Eventually three issues have made me restart:
    1. There are invisible Medusa or swarms on the "other side" that have their area effect powers hit you (petrification, swarm attack) and prevent you from moving. I got through most of it before I just gave up. To the best of my knowledge this bug still exists. In addition, There is are two versions of the map: "First World" and "Nyrissa's Kingdom". I cannot tell the difference between the two. I wish one had some kind of marker so I could better "map" my progress.

2. I couldn't use the main merchant/shop in the capital for all of book 5-6 (bug that has since been fixed) - so I could not use my 200,000gp to buy desperately needed build points for my kindgom (not that it would have mattered). Also, I spent so much money on BP in Book 2-4 due to poor kindgom management that I could not make use of the merchants at Rushlight Tournament. So many "lost item" regrets.

3. Whatever curse gives you 50% spell failure. I read about it on the boards, and it hit me after I was in the House for 3 rests. I assume it is time-based, and I eventually triggered it. I just couldn't handle another "ding"

With my second playthrough I intend to go in with a bajillion scrolls of remove blindness and freedom of movement. But I don't think this is beatable until the "invisible enemy" bug is solved.

Second playthrough is all Mercenaries, so I won't be reliant on a specific NPC for my party to work well together. Besides, all those important NPCs should be at home running my kingdom for me anyway!

I super enjoy the game, and am just treating my first playthrough as a playtest of what I really want to do. Now i know how all the mechanics work much better (and am trying out more classes with an all-mercenary party).

I don't think I will tire of this game for a while. I just might not "finish" it for a while either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12