Thread: Custom Weapons?

Custom Weapons?

Hey there!

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I've been rocking a pair of +1 sais [correction: a +1 sai and a masterwork sai. Even worse!] for the better part of a hundred hours now. Lots of really neat weapons get generated, and not a one a sai. Is there a way to generate custom weapons? I have piles and piles of gold pieces, I have craftsmen and a high economy and a number of mage towers, but I can't seem to buy a damn sai to save my life.

Anyone know of the magical arms dealer who'll save me from this subpar sai existence?
    Last edited by Chad Raines; 10-28-2018 at 08:40 PM.

'fraid not. At lest not one that is permanently open.

There are a few super high level stores that are temporarily open during late main quest in Pitax. (I could have bought a +6 Belt of Physical Perfection Perfection if I had the 200k gold) They have lots of super strong gear (not certain if they have Sai, but there is a good chance).
    Just remember to bring a veritable mountain of gold, like all the gold you could have collected thus far if you hadn't spend it on buying BP (building points) for your barony from Hassuf.

Edit: I have just checked. one of the traders has one +4 Sai for 32k gp, also other good stuff. Be sure to read the descriptions and check the prices. Good (bargain) hunting!
    Last edited by Nemoralis; 10-28-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Alas, it is a real problem for many builds with rare weapons. Rare weapons are rare, and there are no powerful versions for many of them. Since there is no crafting system, you may be stuck with those.
    However, I'm saying this without having been very far in the game (I have mostly tested things in the first two chapters with different characters), mostly from from what I've read here and there, so an answer from people who have finished the game (or are close enough) would be better.

Not sure how accurate these tables are, but if they are accurate it might help decide what weapons, etc. to choose. SPOILERS.

http://pathfinderkingmaker.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Items

The list looks mostly correct, if lacking in some important details.
    Shaniya'h is your key to monk weapons fyi, though you can't direct her to create anything specific.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Hey, I just found this, and it seems there are some powerful sais : https://pastebin.com/7GGdngEn

Actually, not really

Theres 2 +3 Sais (+3 Agile +2 Initiative / +3 Speed), a +5 Keen Agile Stunning Sai (Sirocco 1/d) and a bunch of the generic Sais. Or whatever the plural is.

The vast majority of all the generic weapons appear to not be implemented in the game at present. The +5 is somehow related to Shaniya'h so thats eithe a Pitax-adjacent weapon or bugged. The 2 +3s might be implemented in game but I don't recall them appearing before the vordakai chapter so they're likely not going to help you out in the early game. They might be crafter weapons in which case they'll either have a random chance /month to show up or be related to the crafter questline.