Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thank you for the good news!

I put the game on hold waiting for 1.1. If it also includes kingdom improvements, then it was definitely the right choice.

Cool, I hope 1.1 enters beta soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaeg View Post
    Cool, I hope 1.1 enters beta soon!
    It has entered beta already, but only for Steam users => here.
    Guess I'll have to wait for the next week, I also put the game on hold until the patch lands. Wanted to try the beta, but I don't use Steam, so...

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Thank you for the info, K0tarsis. And glad to see you here again. I was afraid your silence was due to health problems like BK before.

Great news, thank you very much.

This is great news. The way the system is now is frustrating at best. I had to turn on invincible kingdom and honestly, since I did that, even though I've given it 100% effort, my kingdom would've crumbled three times by now. There's just way to much left up to random chance and very little actual skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon View Post
    There's just way to much left up to random chance and very little actual skill.
    I've always thought this was a general problem with D&D/Pathfinder.

I live with it, but it always was annoying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon View Post
    There's just way to much left up to random chance and very little actual skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    I've always thought this was a general problem with D&D/Pathfinder.
    All D20 systems (all single-die resolution systems, actually) are super random because rolling a 20 is just as likely as rolling a 1 or a 10. If you want a more realistic probability curve there's Mechwarrior (2d6) but the most realistic is GURPS (3d6).

20 years ago, I began to create a homebrew RPG with percentile skills (like Rolemaster) and 2D10 dice for randomness. It was very inspired by Rolemaster as I had infinite rolls for critics and fumbles (very little chance, as you had to roll 18+ to crit, which means only 4% chance to roll again and add the result (and 4% to roll again and substract the result, obviously).

Most of the time when the difference between skill and difficulty was more than 20, it was useless to roll the dice (somewhat like a Take 10 in Pathfinder)

I kinda like the mechanic, but I never really tested it as we moved on to DnD 3e with my fellow players just a bit later (and I was too lazy to finish my game anyway).

Yeah, more time for kingdom-building would be nice. Like having some more "downtime" in between chapters. And not locking us into just waiting (no adventuring) while raising a kingdom stat. That's killer.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast