Do Summons trigger traps?

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case before, it's terrible news since you can't control them though.

Yup, my inquisitor's summoned doggie triggered a trap at Bartholomew's, dropping a couple of giant spiders on my party as I was preparing for trap disarming. Failry irritating, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Kind of relieved that familiars DON'T trigger traps though, or Headchomper would have set off every single trap in the game for me. That furball (featherball?) is over the whole damn screen.

Well, hopefully they don't change that in the next patch.
    Druids at least should be able to tell the animals to stay back once you discovered a trap, Baldur's Gate even gave you full control over your summons. They would often enough forget your commands again and do something else though.

Yeah and also the familiars seem to be immortal. I cannot say about wizard's familiars though because I haven't had a chance to play them yet. Anyone who could provide answers here? It would suck if those were "immortal" actually, because that would suggest that they cannot deliver touch spells, being part of the background rather than an active playing piece.

The fact that summons set off traps is actually a nice touch I think, even if it makes you curse those over-inquisitive doggies from time to time. Also, it is more true to the PnP game than the opposite would be - and to be honest, who's played a conjurer in PnP without resorting to animal sacrifice from time to time? It's the second best alternative to bringing a rogue after all...

...It also works wonders to have an extraplanar murder pony nearby if your min-maxed magus teammate gets confused and starts attacking randomly with intensified shocking grasps all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deekin View Post
    Yeah and also the familiars seem to be immortal. I cannot say about wizard's familiars though because I haven't had a chance to play them yet. Anyone who could provide answers here? It would suck if those were "immortal" actually, because that would suggest that they cannot deliver touch spells, being part of the background rather than an active playing piece.

...It also works wonders to have an extraplanar murder pony nearby if your min-maxed magus teammate gets confused and starts attacking randomly with intensified shocking grasps all over the place.
    The first PC I made for this game was a wizard because I was trying to recreate the character I played in the PnP Kingmaker campaign and as far as I could tell the familiar doesn't physically appear (I assumed it was in my pocket) and couldn't be used to deliver touch spells or do anything else in-game. It also appears that the Intensified Spell metamagic feat doesn't exist in this game, which is disappointing.

Yeah tell me about it. Magus lost 50% of their oomph.

But seriously, familiars not being able to deliver touch spells? Then arcane bond wins hands down. I'd always pick familiar in PnP.

Quote Originally Posted by Deekin View Post
    But seriously, familiars not being able to deliver touch spells? Then arcane bond wins hands down. I'd always pick familiar in PnP.
    As far as I can tell choosing a Familiar simply gives you a one time (but permanent) bonus like +1 Natural Armor and +2 Perception for a lizard familiar or +2 to Perception and +2 Persuasion for a viper familiar. I took the viper for my first main character because it sounds like your main character having a high Persuasion skill is crucial in the later parts of the game (unconfirmed).