Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please fix Madragora Swarms!

Hi there Devs,

as you're on to build the big 1.1 Patch, plz (!) don't forget about the freakin Mandragora Swarms.
    It's pretty much ridiculous to succeed with every saving throw, even on 20s and still get attribute damage.
    This bug exists since release, so plz, with sugar on top, get rid of it.

Working as intended. it is not the poison, it is the blood drain:
    Blood Drain (Ex)

Whenever a mandragora swarm damages a foe with its swarm damage, it also drains blood, dealing 1d6 points of Strength damage. A mandragora that drains blood from a target with 0 Strength instead deals 2d4 points of Constitution damage.

Ok, good to know. So what's the saving throw for? There's no difference if it succeeds or fails.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar

Holy crap, thx for the Info. So it's not a bug, they just suck.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Yes, lots of Hit Points, good Reflex, Fast Healing, good Touch AC. They suck (your blood) big time ! Especially if you don't have a Darkness spell. Is there a Darkness spell in the game, by the way ?

Swarms are always a big problem. The CR rarely reflect how dangerous they are if, if you fight them in the right environment for them.

Yeah, these guys were a hassle, just as they are on tabletop (though personally I've never thrown two at the party at once).

I beat them by tossing a bunch of summons forward for them to latch on to, casting "Resist Fire" over them, and bombarding the area with fireballs. It was still a pretty close thing.

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    Is there a Darkness spell in the game, by the way?
    According to the wiki, there is no Darkness (or Deeper Darkness or Hungry Darkness) spell. The game actually has less than half of all the spells in the Pathfinder tabletop RPG.

To be fair, its hit a lot of the important ones, and PF has a ridiculous number of spells.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast