Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    1) Buff Jaethal
    2) Let Jaethal tank ALL enemies with lvl drain or stat drain abilites
    3) Facerool because now are all fights easy even on hard mode
    Last edited by Edvin; 11-07-2018 at 06:11 AM.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Edvin View Post
    1) Buff Jaethal
    2) Let Jaethal tank ALL enemies with lvl drain or stat drain abilites
    3) Facerool because now are all fights easy even on hard mode
    That's actually quite genius! Not an option for every roleplaying purpose, but i guess that counts as an emergency, i guess.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom360 View Post
    That's actually quite genius! Not an option for every roleplaying purpose, but i guess that counts as an emergency, i guess.
    Jaethal is probably the most OP party member. You can train her to be amazing off tank and caster killer.
    Immune to poison, disease, level drain, stat drain, fatigue, negative energy and few other spells.
    In addition, her saving throws are absolutely off the charts (especially if you finish her personal Q and choose "right" option).

    Regarding roleplaying purpose, Jaethal is the most obedient companion.
    She always does what you tell her, never protests, and does not resist you.
    Even the paladin would have no problem with someone like that.

  4. #14
    Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Earth. Or so I was told.
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Edvin View Post
    Even the paladin would have no problem with someone like that.
    A Paladin should avoid working with her according to RAW, as she is Evil (same with other evil companions). The Paladin Code specifically says so :

    "Associates: While she may adventure with good or neutral allies, a paladin avoids working with evil characters or with anyone who consistently offends her moral code. Under exceptional circumstances, a paladin can ally with evil associates, but only to defeat what she believes to be a greater evil. A paladin should seek an atonement spell periodically during such an unusual alliance, and should end the alliance immediately should she feel it is doing more harm than good."
    I don't think anything in Kingmaker makes it necessary to work with an Evil companion.

    However, if we get rid of the letter and go with the spirit, there are interpertations to make it OK to work with her (or Regongar, for that matter).

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    A Paladin should avoid working with her according to RAW, as she is Evil (same with other evil companions). The Paladin Code specifically says so :

    "Associates: While she may adventure with good or neutral allies, a paladin avoids working with evil characters or with anyone who consistently offends her moral code. Under exceptional circumstances, a paladin can ally with evil associates, but only to defeat what she believes to be a greater evil. A paladin should seek an atonement spell periodically during such an unusual alliance, and should end the alliance immediately should she feel it is doing more harm than good."
    I don't think anything in Kingmaker makes it necessary to work with an Evil companion.

    However, if we get rid of the letter and go with the spirit, there are interpertations to make it OK to work with her (or Regongar, for that matter).
    It depends on the paladin type.
    If your patron is the God of Justice, there is no argument against Jaethal
    (But I guess that God of light would have few objections regarding undeads).
    Yes, she was evil in the past, but she was caught, convicted, accepted her punishment, and always adhered to the conditions.

    Now she helps protect the kingdom from evil and respects the laws and authorities.
    She is an exemplary citizen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •