Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikioko View Post
    The whole encounter consisting of 5 archers, 5 scouts and one monarch, however, is CR22 which has a difficulty of APL+5 which is out of scale (APL+3 is considered as "epic", requiring a fully rested party with all their resources to successfully resolve).
    And that's taking for granted that these archers/scouts/monarch are using the Pathfinder stat, which is probably wrong, as every creature in the game benefit from huge bonus compared to the PnP version, so you can probably add one or two CR levels to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikioko View Post
    There have been some challenging encounters in the game so far, but in the House at the Edge of Time, enemies just get ridiculously overpowered so that this part can only be solved in story mode, and even then, it is challenging.
    Meh, I haven't switched off of challenging and I am now in The Cursed King chapter. The House is tedious, but it isn't all that difficult. I agree though that it could do with some re-work to make it challenging instead of just so tedious, because tedious just isn't fun.

I have way more complaints about the Cursed King chapter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakcenturi View Post
    Meh, I haven't switched off of challenging and I am now in The Cursed King chapter. The House is tedious, but it isn't all that difficult. I agree though that it could do with some re-work to make it challenging instead of just so tedious, because tedious just isn't fun.
    Funny that I've read the Adventure Path and Wyld Hunt units are not even there. At all. Also, in book, House at the Edge of Time is much smaller (it's not a labyrinth, that's for sure), But last thing is fine. Just please A) remove, nerf or decrease amount of Wyld Hunt units and B) remove Myst-like puzzle or make it more clear. I've spent about 3 hours searching for books WITH help from the internet. Or make relevant books actually look really different from other books. Or remove non-relevant books from the house entirely
    C) Fix bugs. I'm stuck right now with non-functional teleporter and I'm not sure if it's a bug or I didn't do something.

This leaves really bad taste in my mouth - I really enjoyed game right before this chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakcenturi View Post

I have way more complaints about the Cursed King chapter though.
    Well, I hadn't played so far when I posted, but you are absolutely right. What happens after the house, with the curse of the lantern king, is just ridiculous.

I just get off the screen and get killed by some wild hunts just because a cannot cast anything but orisons, I hardly make any damage, characters get paralysed even with FOM and clerics get killed by archers quicker than they can channel positive energy.

What this game needs is massive rebalancing and thorough playtesting (sometimes I doubt that the game has been playtested at all before release). In this state, it is just impossible to win even on story mode. Don't get me wrong: i like challenges, but this (especially the lantern king's curse) is so massively overpowered that it kills the last bit of joy.
    Last edited by Nikioko; 11-11-2018 at 02:53 AM.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    It's not impossible, some players have done it.

Probably beyond most players' patience and skill, though, I agree (and I count myself among the not skilled and not patient enough).

Perhaps not generally impossible but extremely tough. I donít claim to be a master tactician, I donít claim to know everything there is to be known about PF, I have some experience and thatís about it, but the very first fight in chapter 7 was impossible to beat with my party and my parties condition. For the following reasons:

- The curse (wonít spoil itís effect here)
    - Bugged Option to rest in the camp, with no resting effect at all.
    - Wild Hunt, presumably being bugged (50% concealment, unavoidable)
    - Chosing a different party member, whom who should have all spells available, and be well rested seems bugged (In my case Jaethal, who did not even have 1st level spells available)
    - creating a mercenary in the camp is possible, if you design a spell caster, be aware that this one too comes with no spells available.

I do not agree with the thread title!
    And neither did the last chapter ruin the game for me.
    I can be very, very patient, but I decided that any patience I would further invest in retries and tactical workarounds would be wasted lifetime. Therefor I chose the ending option back in chapter 6 and started a new play-through.

The Cursed Kind/Queen is about stabilizing your kingdom first.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Smetanka View Post
    The Cursed Kind/Queen is about stabilizing your kingdom first.
    Spoiler:
    Which I did, and precisely that did not work. Afaik it's a known bug.

Sorry for double post
    Last edited by mycroft; 11-11-2018 at 01:10 PM. Reason: double post, sorry

It must be say that the curse is over the top. It's too much, they should nerf it.

Spoiler:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast