Dev Question: Weapon Enhancement Bonus and DR

On page 562 of the Pathfinder Core Rulebook it states: "weapons with an enhancement bonus of +3 or greater can ignore some types of damage reduction, regardless of their actual material or alignment". The rule is followed by a table that shows that +3 weapons ignore DR that can normally only be overcome by cold iron or silver weapons, +4 weapons ignore DR overcome by adamantine weapons and +5 weapons ignore DR overcome by weapons of a certain alignment (good, evil, chaos, law).

Question is simple: is this rule implemented in the Pathfinder: Kingmaker computer RPG?

If the rule is implemented the implications would be important. If for example Jaethal uses her Bane ability to turn a +1 sword into a +3 sword vs. fey then a fey creature's DR x/cold iron would not absorb any of that sword's damage.

Here's an answer from our game design team:

"It is implemented, but I should point out that while it does ignore damage reduction this way - it does not impede regeneration. I.e. while Mallet of Woe, a +3 weapon, should ignore the damage reduction of Crag Linnorm (cold iron DR) it will not stop his regeneration in any way. An actual cold iron weapon should be used for that."

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    Here's an answer from our game design team:

"It is implemented, but I should point out that while it does ignore damage reduction this way - it does not impede regeneration. I.e. while Mallet of Woe, a +3 weapon, should ignore the damage reduction of Crag Linnorm (cold iron DR) it will not stop his regeneration in any way. An actual cold iron weapon should be used for that."

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the reply. It's a relief to know high enhancement bonuses can overcome DR, considering how few cold iron, silver, adamantine and aligned weapons there are in the game. Thanks also for the clarification regarding the Crag Linnorm's regeneration.

Monk stance ability that is supposed to ignore DR is not working at all. i can post a pic but it prevents me from actually posting....

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/...6/screenshots/
    Last edited by brandon_bach@hotmail.com; 04-16-2019 at 06:40 PM. Reason: trying to add pic link