Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Valarie's quest.

Ok so I'm getting pretty close to the end of the game. I just finished the Pitax portion. Every one of my NPC's have had a quest except for Valarie. Does she not have one or is my game bugged or what?

She should have had quest involving Order of Shelyn. First phase of quest should have had her dueling paladin in Oleg's tradepost.

Quote Originally Posted by Juhis View Post
    She should have had quest involving Order of Shelyn. First phase of quest should have had her dueling paladin in Oleg's tradepost.
    Hmm, nope don't have that quest at all. Bugged like everything else lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon View Post
    Hmm, nope don't have that quest at all. Bugged like everything else lol.
    The Valerie quest start is on a relatively short timeline; if you ignored the original message early in chapter 2 for a couple of weeks then they opportunity would be over and Valerie's quest line won't continue.

You could check your journal for past entries in the companions group and see if there was something that was marked unresolved.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Yes. At first, it was very easy to miss the short window during which you could get the message. It was fixed in a hotfix (around 1.09 or 1.11 if I'm not mistaken), but if you played Chapter 2 before the patch, you may be on the list of players who missed that quest.

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    Yes. At first, it was very easy to miss the short window during which you could get the message. It was fixed in a hotfix (around 1.09 or 1.11 if I'm not mistaken), but if you played Chapter 2 before the patch, you may be on the list of players who missed that quest.
    Ugh... that's ridiculous that it's that easy to entirely miss an NPC's story quest like that.... In Chapter 2 I didn't even understand how the stupid kingdom management worked!!!! Is there seriously nothing that can be done?

Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    The Valerie quest start is on a relatively short timeline; if you ignored the original message early in chapter 2 for a couple of weeks then they opportunity would be over and Valerie's quest line won't continue.

You could check your journal for past entries in the companions group and see if there was something that was marked unresolved.
    I went back and checked my journal but I don't have any unresolved quests. I don't even have a quest entry at all for Valarie...

Here is how it went for me every playthrough:

Valarie tells me about her order, we go to Oleg's to meet the dude. The Duel happens.
    Time passes. A lot of time.
    Valarie comes into my throne room to tell me the dude at Oleg's got tired of waiting for us and left.
    The end.

At that point her chain presumably dies, since we "failed" the quest that we actually did.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Shivax, it happened like that for me the first time. I had waited some time before going to Oleg.
    On my second playthrough (after the hotfix where they said they increased the delay for the quest), I went almost straight to Oleg after receiving the letter, defeated him in Duel, went to Valerie in my capital and that time it was OK...

Simeon, Owlcat realised the delay was too short, and that's why it was fixed. If the quest already failed (or missed), I suppose there is nothing to do except to edit the save, but I took a look on how to do it, and it was too subtle for me, with too many possibilities to ruin your save games (although a copy is quick fix for that).

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    Shivax, it happened like that for me the first time. I had waited some time before going to Oleg.
    On my second playthrough (after the hotfix where they said they increased the delay for the quest), I went almost straight to Oleg after receiving the letter, defeated him in Duel, went to Valerie in my capital and that time it was OK...

Simeon, Owlcat realised the delay was too short, and that's why it was fixed. If the quest already failed (or missed), I suppose there is nothing to do except to edit the save, but I took a look on how to do it, and it was too subtle for me, with too many possibilities to ruin your save games (although a copy is quick fix for that).
    Thanks for the tip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast