Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

No respec confirmed

I just watched the latest stream, and the guy told everyone near the middle of the stream that he doesn't believe in respec because in his mind it breaks immersion? I mean seriously? This isn't a pen and paper game and your not my DM? This is a PC game and the community wants a respec including me because I made a mistake choosing a second class and some feats.

I want to be able to enjoy the rest of the game being able to play my character with the right feats and class, I'm currently level 9 fighter and level 1 duelist. I want to erase the level 1 duelist and become a level 10 fighter. I don't want to multi-class anymore, surely the dems can let us do that. This has nothing to do with immersion.

Like I said this is a PC game and the dems have to listen to the community and make changes, it's not a compromise. So far the dems are not doing a good job on listening to the majority and make changes. I just think their being stubborn. I hope some devs who feel like respecing is good can convince their colleges otherwise.

I'm sorry that we have been waiting for an option like this for months now, some of us even stopped playing too much so that we don't get ahead of ourselves with our flawed character and want to finish the game with a respec option. And now you tell us that were not going to listen to you all and not give us the respec option? That is a low blow. really?

There are several respec mods available that work just fine.

"The community wants"?
    Sorry, but you want a respec. I prefer to see the effect of my errors, and, eventually, I will reload an old save if I decide that the error was so egregious.

I prefer to have the developers work at fixing bugs, improving the game and eventually making expansions, instead than spending time adding a feature that only a few people will use.

To be honest, such a feature would not be really hard to implement. You just need to create a new NPC in the capital that enable to reset lv. A priest of Kurgess or something like that would be a good trainer, for example.

But I agree that there are things that are more frustrating with the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    To be honest, such a feature would not be really hard to implement. You just need to create a new NPC in the capital that enable to reset lv. A priest of Kurgess or something like that would be a good trainer, for example.
    I agree, I think the devs want to run out the clock so that the majority of the people will be close or finished the game so they can get an expansion out and everyone will forget about having a respec option. Most people want this option and anybody trying to downplay this feature sadly mistaking.

I just want ot be able to respec my main character, I care less about my companions. I mean, I care for them because I need them for the campaign but I can always hire a mercenary and start over. So the respec option for me is related to my main character. And I haven't seen any mods related to this yet unless someone can point it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by serptico@hotmail.com View Post
    I haven't seen any mods related to this yet unless someone can point it to me.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/7

I somewhat agree with the idea that the dev defends (yes, being able to rewrite your experience kind of poke holes in immersion) BUT I think the practical aspect counterbalance it in several ways :

- First and mainly, it's, after all, included in Pathfinder rules (it's called retraining), so it already justifies its existence.
    - Second, many people aren't familiar with the ruleset, or can just misjudge something. Considering the length of the game, being unable to fix a mistake doesn't strike me as a good idea. Just make it cost something to simulate the time dedicated to it and to prevent it from being too "free".
    - Third, some companions are available at lvl 1, other are available much later. So basically, some are nearly entirely tailorable while others aren't. Also, some choices are just annoying (I HATE that Tristran is an ecclesitheurge, as being a rogue myself it means only Valerie and Harrim can wear any sort of heavy armour, which wastes a huge amount of gear from the game).

So yeah, I think that Owlcat studios should include a retraining option in the game.

Also, the devs make the game. It's not a majority rules thing. They make a game and you play it, you don't get to dictate how the game is made. Get off your high-horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Astareal38 View Post
    Also, the devs make the game. It's not a majority rules thing. They make a game and you play it, you don't get to dictate how the game is made. Get off your high-horse.
    Yes the community does have a chance to dictate what we want and hopefully they will listen and make the community happy by giving us what we want or lose us. Especially, in this case where all we want is a respec option, it's within the rules and easy to implement. I mean there are major MMORPG's like(ESO etc..) that have given us what we want where it involves features much more complicated than a simple respec. So you get off your high horse and the devs too. Stop streaming pathfinder kingmaker and spoil the game for all of us and answer questions that the majority of the community wants. Instead of avoiding it.

Easy, folks!
    This guy speaks for the entire community!
    We should give him a listen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast