Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forgive me for my ignorance, but why do you need charisma for clerics?

And 4) it would give you much needed healing and divine casting for the first few hours of the game, even if being LG (since that makes both the two available divine NPCs join Turdio instead).

EDIT: Never mind me, that feature is not unique to oracles.

Think I will have to side with purpleblob there actually, Cha is a bit redundant on a cleric in my opinion. Battle cleric is good cleric. Although at the cost of 13 Cha and a feat in this game I definitely see the charm of Channeling during combat. Much quicker than reloading. ;)
    Last edited by Deekin; 11-13-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
    Forgive me for my ignorance, but why do you need charisma for clerics?
    It determines how often a cleric can Channel Energy and how hard it is for enemies to resist the damage it causes (whether against living or Undead). Plus you'll need Charisma anyway for the main character-only dialogues. I suspect that dialogue proficiency is also why Charisma-based classes and archetypes like Sorcerers and Feyspeaker druids are popular as main characters.

Quote Originally Posted by JulietRosalieMelusine View Post
    If I planned paladin multiclass with cleric dip, it's not worth it?
    Any combination of Paladin and Cleric won't work well, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Triordinant View Post
    It determines how often a cleric can Channel Energy and how hard it is for enemies to resist the damage it causes (whether against living or Undead). Plus you'll need Charisma anyway for the main character-only dialogues. I suspect that dialogue proficiency is also why Charisma-based classes and archetypes like Sorcerers and Feyspeaker druids are popular as main characters.
    Aha... Thanks for that. It kinda sucks that the game offers so much options to build character and yet game design like this restrict it :(

Senior Member JulietRosalieMelusine's Avatar
    In the end, I decided to go with cleric/paladin. Power player in me will probably hate me, but whatever.

One question:
    Paladin with Iomede as deity doesn't need to select deity again? Because I couldn't pick second deity with Paladin/cleric, just got blank screen and options to choose domain, special powers, skills, bonus feat, etc... I was able to complete level up.

Quote Originally Posted by JulietRosalieMelusine View Post
    One question:
    Paladin with Iomede as deity doesn't need to select deity again? Because I couldn't pick second deity with Paladin/cleric, just got blank screen and options to choose domain, special powers, skills, bonus feat, etc... I was able to complete level up.
    You only get to pick a deity once. I think they did that to prevent people from being a paladin of Deity A then become a cleric of Deity B and after that an inquisitor of Deity C.

Senior Member JulietRosalieMelusine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Triordinant View Post
    You only get to pick a deity once. I think they did that to prevent people from being a paladin of Deity A then become a cleric of Deity B and after that an inquisitor of Deity C.
    But is my deity Iomede of what? The goddess of longswords?

If your first class was paladin you're already proficient with all martial weapons including the longsword. If that was the case you won't gain any new weapon proficiencies by multi-classing into a cleric because the Favored Weapon of each deity in the game is either a simple or martial weapon (except Irori which I think will give you the Improved Unarmed Strike feat).

Quote Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
    Aha... Thanks for that. It kinda sucks that the game offers so much options to build character and yet game design like this restrict it :(
    That's true for pretty much all CRPGs. A common strategy for tabletop D&D/Pathfinder is for one player to create a character who's the "face" of the party (typically a paladin or bard) while the other players make characters who are murder hobos with 7 Charisma (5 if a dwarf) and all points going to their prime fighting or spellcasting stats. In a single player CRPG your main character is the "face" by default, just like in Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic or Dragon Age.

It's somewhat mitigated in this game by the fact that your main character is Epic (gets 25 points for stats instead of the normal 15). So, for example, you can create an elf wizard with an 18 in both Dexterity and Intelligence and still have enough points left over for a 14 in Charisma. Just pick a Viper familiar (+3 to Persuasion) and you should be okay as long as you increase your Persuasion skill every level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12