Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Telmor View Post

Re your minions point. Can you please explain in more detail? Do you mean NPC casters have more NPC monsters/fighters/bowmen protecting them?
    Sorry for being a bit cryptic. I simply meant that a single enemy caster as an encounter vs a four-man party is always tipped against the single enemy caster, even if he has 3-4 levels on the adventurers, barring some extreme cheese on the GM's behalf - yes I'm looking at you, Karzoug - due to action economy. Introducing 2-5 caster minions of lower level on the enemy's side will always be a better solution instead of giving the solo enemy caster more levels and/or more cheese (which the enemy either will never end up using or will result in TPK). Consider ye olde level 20 evil transmuter and replacing his prized magic rod with a couple of level 15 wizard side-kicks whose only job is to replenish dispelled buffs and counterspell (counterspelling a counterspell is possibly the most evil thing there exists in Pathfinder). This goes not only for caster fights but in general. Fighting party vs single enemy is of course going to be more two-dimensional than fighting team vs team.

I just wanna point out that the minimum level of a Contingency spell is 7, which means you wouldn't see them until you were fighting 13th level casters.

^it is? Usally its 6.
    Wierd wonder why they changed that in game.

Quote Originally Posted by alexandh@gmx.de View Post
    ^it is? Usally its 6.
    Wierd wonder why they changed that in game.
    Ah, you're right. I was thinking of Permenancy :p

Quote Originally Posted by Deekin View Post
    Sorry for being a bit cryptic. I simply meant that a single enemy caster as an encounter vs a four-man party is always tipped against the single enemy caster, even if he has 3-4 levels on the adventurers, barring some extreme cheese on the GM's behalf - yes I'm looking at you, Karzoug - due to action economy. Introducing 2-5 caster minions of lower level on the enemy's side will always be a better solution instead of giving the solo enemy caster more levels and/or more cheese (which the enemy either will never end up using or will result in TPK). Consider ye olde level 20 evil transmuter and replacing his prized magic rod with a couple of level 15 wizard side-kicks whose only job is to replenish dispelled buffs and counterspell (counterspelling a counterspell is possibly the most evil thing there exists in Pathfinder). This goes not only for caster fights but in general. Fighting party vs single enemy is of course going to be more two-dimensional than fighting team vs team.
    Ahh, I understand, yeah good idea. :)

I've updated my original post with ideas from various posters/replies.
    Hopefully the devs read this forum! :)

Quote Originally Posted by chevalieradam2@gmail.com View Post
    Ah, you're right. I was thinking of Permenancy :p
    Permanency is 5. :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12