Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Well... while I'm at it - my second playthrough was with a pure rogue. And late-game what came in big was Jubilost: the alchemist discovery "infusion" allows him to prepare personal spells and cast them on allies. Early on that gives shield and some other nice defensive buffs to allies. But... late game I could get transformation cast on my level 17 rogue (thus instantly gain +5 BAB which also means gaining another attack).

So 3/4 BAB classes like cleric, rogue, magus, and inquisitor can get a huge boost from having a friendly alchemist around

Tripping = Fun, thatís what I am experiencing in my second playthrough. So far no enemy caster stood a chance or was able to cast spells/ throw bombs/ do nasty stuff.

Fun fact: You can trip your party members and yourself everywhere, even out of combat.
    Last edited by Karpophorus; 11-22-2018 at 06:24 PM.

I've finally came up with a definitive party setup:

Tank: Pala3/SF/Sorc1/DD8/?
    off tank: pure Paladin
    melee dps: pure Rogue (not KM, I need the bonus to perception)
    ranged dps: pure Vivisectionist
    ranged dps: Rogue1/Wiz spec3 (+conjuration,-enchantment,-abjuration)/AT10/wiz
    MC: Ecclesitheurge either a) of Sarenae (1st: Fire, 2nd: Good) Plenty of scorching rays/(controlled) fireballs looks great, Good helps with trickery checks, if needed... or b) of Abadar (Nobility+Travel, dunno in which order) +2 insight bonus to party AC, and the possibility to teleport away in case of trouble.

I've started detailing everyone's progression. I still need to work a bit on that, after which I'll start the ironman playthrough (in parallel with my current non ironman playthrough... going for Amrag's Tomb atm).

About that Nobility Domain: Does anyone know what are the other ways to get an insight bonus to AC ? If there was a way to get that through a spell, or even an item, it would make the Nobility Domain much less appealing, imo.

Also, advice are still welcome :)

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    I'm curious why you would take Abjuraion as your opposition school for your Arcane Trickster... It's so great a school in my opinion (Shield, Stoneskin + Communal. Just for those spells I would keep it and take Necromancy instead))

I don't really need shield on a ranged char. Also, the vivi can cast it on anyone.

As for stoneskin, the price is quite prohibitive, imo. Haven't found yet a reliable source of diamond dust. Arguably, I have 100 or so of them atm, but still... they are needed for restoration. There may be a place with an infinite supply later on, but once again, the vivi can take care of the casting. Finally, 10 DR isn't so great when the real danger comes from 60-100 crits from the mobs.

As for necromancy, there are several great spells here. Fear can be a lifesaver, for instance (especially with 2 chars with 3 paladin levels on the frontline; makes it easy to aim).

Edit: Since there are relatively few hard fights (at least midgame), communal stoneskin may be worth it for those fights, but the cost still makes it a spell that won't be used that often. Still unsure if I want to forfeit Fear, Finger of Death, Desintegrate and Horrid Wittling to get that, tho.
    Last edited by Matt; 11-25-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Canít say if it was a bug, but in the area where you help Brevoy against the Barbarians I found a hidden stash of 300+ diamond dust. I thought that this amount was oddly high, but who am I to complain?

Jhod sells 2000 diamond dusts too.

That's strange. At the area where Brevoy fights the barbarians, I found 80 diamond dust or so, but certainly not 300.

Thx for pointing that Jhod sells some, I hadn't noticed. That makes a strong point towards the regular use of (communal) stoneskin.

In my current 2nd playthrough I am very close to this event. Iíll update you on my findings. I imagine the chances being high that the content of the stash has been reduced.

Yep, stash has been reduced to 82. In total you can find a bit more than 100 diamond dust in that area.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast