Please fix Spontaneous Casting of Summons

Currently, Druids and Herald Callers cannot summon anything other than the Single summon of any summon spell. This is a large problem because it cuts them out of Superior Summoning (and getting that feat is practically the point of HCs) and severely limits their options.

It's a UI issue. The solution should be simple (I'm not one of your coders, so bear with me), because it already basically exists with the Summons and SC as it is. What we need is when SCing a Summon, the little arrow spreads out to 3 options instead of one. There is footage of someone on YouTube using a HC and what we see when he goes to cast a summon is:

Single Summon(SC) | Heal/Inflict (SC) | Single Summon | Summon 1d3 | Summon 1d4+1

So the UI already exists and is working. I realize that If you're a Druid/HC and memorize an actual summon spell, it's going to "be an issue" but for all that is holy, even if you can't get around that issue it's better than the current solution of "Druids and Herald Callers can't use core abilities".

I don't know how realistic it is to make an exception for Summons when these classes SC that it doesn't show, but even if you can't please give us the functionality. Odds are those classes aren't going to memorize the spells in the first place and if they do, it's better to see 7 options 3 of which are repeats than to never have the option no matter what and have your class be severely weakened (Druid) or utterly broken (HC) by it.

The tools seem to exist to fix this, but it just keeps getting overlooked. Probably Druids and HC aren't popular classes. There are no Companions, most people don't make them, therefor it keeps getting passed by. But please fix this, it's been overlooked for far too long.

I was planning to make my next character a Druid :(
    Guess I'll have to delay that until this issue is fixed.

Perhaps people don't play druids very often because of things like this?

I stopped playing altogether because of this - my main is a Herald Caller, and after that, I'd play a Druid. :(

Quote Originally Posted by chevalieradam2@gmail.com View Post
    I was planning to make my next character a Druid :(
    Guess I'll have to delay that until this issue is fixed.

Perhaps people don't play druids very often because of things like this?
    Druids tend to not be super popular, which is how I assumed this got overlooked.
    But I'm in the same boat, I keep wanting to restart with a Druid.

Iíve never played a druid myself. I assume you have all sent in bug reports about it? I havenít really seen signs that they still check these forums for bugs. Or, if they do, they do not have very good communication between their teams or with the players here.

I sent an email but no reply.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    They won't reply, it would take them too much time. You could send them a bug report in-game (F11 button).

Oh cool, I will try that.

Looks like this was fixed. There seem to now be three options: one current level, 1d3 level-1, or 1d4+1 level-2.

Am I right?