[SPOILER] Is there any downside to...

... not entering the verdant chambers at all before you reach them by passing through the Abandoned Keep ?

After all, there isn't much benefit in going there early, it might even be considered a waste of time, and for some MCs this is a relatively dangerous trip.

I didn't try it, but obviously you should go there before the Varnhold event starts and have some nice conversation with Nyrissa.

I did not experience any consequences. Only missed some XP. Dunno if this has a negative impact on attempts of romancing a certain Nymph... I didnít try that.

Ah, just remembered one. Youíll fail the quest and get a Red Cross for failed quests in the journal entry. Didnít bother me.
    Last edited by Karpophorus; 11-22-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Thx Karpophorus. That's exactly what I needed to know (and the red cross won't bother me aswell).

As Karpophorus mentioned: it may be necessary as part of the hidden romance path.

Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    As Karpophorus mentioned: it may be necessary as part of the hidden romance path.
    That's what I meant with "nice conversation". ;-)

Yeah, failing at a quest that involves a given character is probably not a good idea if one wants to romance that character (especially in this game, where it's so easy to break a NPC questline).

Thx for the clarifications :)