Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar

Expansion Pack Ideas

I would love to have the runelords for a expansion pack for kingmaker you would think that if the runelords tried to start there own kingdom there would do it in the river kingdoms as it would be easy pickings for the runelords also it would be a good way of getting the mythic paths for our characters so what are your ideas for a expansion pack for kingmaker

I do know about what the developers has said about not making a expansion pack for kingmaker because of what could happen in your end game play of kingmaker but here is how owlcat can make it work for a runelords expansion pack a little spoiler about the return of the runelords is that one of the runelords started to mess with time magic which can undo some of the things that could of happened in kingmaker also here is a idea for a dlc but this would only work as the last one and that would be to do the test of the starstone this would be a good way to end the game

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    I cannot begin to fathom the uproar that "undoing what has happened in Kingmaker" would cause among most players, who would feel cheated that what they have done was for naught. I think most would prefer the raise of the Runelords was done elsewhere than in the River Kingdoms.

Nothing against the runelords, but Hellīs Rebels also give a way into mythic paths and happens far from the River Kingdoms :)

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    I cannot begin to fathom the uproar that "undoing what has happened in Kingmaker" would cause among most players, who would feel cheated that what they have done was for naught. I think most would prefer the raise of the Runelords was done elsewhere than in the River Kingdoms.
    Well i do get your point but it is a good way of starting a new story with the same character from kingmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    Nothing against the runelords, but Hellīs Rebels also give a way into mythic paths and happens far from the River Kingdoms :)
    Well so long as i can play as my main character from kingmaker i am cool with it that was one of the things i disliked about the second dlc i like to play as my main character not having to start all over again with a new character
    Last edited by The Infinity Sock; 03-20-2019 at 03:16 AM.

I would like to see a DLC based on Pitax, perhaps similar to the one that came out for Varnhold based on the struggle between the various merchant families before Irovetti arrived.
    Maybe take three or four factions and use a group of mercenaries / NPCs to bring that faction to power with a series of quests.

Of course then we know how it ends. Irovetti arrives and steals the power from this faction.

Pitax in the base campaign seems so empty once attached. It would be nice to add some more secondary missions to make it more alive, perhaps based on the faction that had been dethroned, thus linking it to the antecedent facts as for Varnhold by putting it in conflict with the academy, or pirates for power ...

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I would like to see a DLC based on Pitax, perhaps similar to the one that came out for Varnhold based on the struggle between the various merchant families before Irovetti arrived.
    Maybe take three or four factions and use a group of mercenaries / NPCs to bring that faction to power with a series of quests.

Of course then we know how it ends. Irovetti arrives and steals the power from this faction.

Pitax in the base campaign seems so empty once attached. It would be nice to add some more secondary missions to make it more alive, perhaps based on the faction that had been dethroned, thus linking it to the antecedent facts as for Varnhold by putting it in conflict with the academy, or pirates for power ...
    I don't think we will get another dlc like varnhold